Chapter Thirty Five - The Truth Comes Out

Mystic Falls, Virginia, January 6th 2013.

Elena's POV.

I was downstairs in the lounge, pacing back and forth. I just got off the phone with Ric and he said him and Jo were nearly here and I was freaking out.

I looked up when I felt two hands stop me from pacing, Kol smiled down at me.

"Relax darling, everything is going to be fine" He said, I took a deep breath in and nodded.

"Thank you" I whispered, Kol nodded before pulling me into a hug.

I pulled back when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Taking it out I saw that I got a message from Ric, saying that he was driving into Mystic Falls now.

"We need to get to the Salvatore Boarding House now, Ric has just drove into Mystic Falls" I said, putting away my phone and picking up Mystic.

We vamped to the Salvatore Boarding House, sitting down on the couches in the lounge while we waited for Ric to pull up. I began to pull at the ends of my jacket nervously as I waited. Mystic jumped off my lap as I heard a car pull up, I looked towards the door as it began to open.

"Hey Elena, we are--" Ric began as he and Jo opened the door.

"Don't freak out!" I exclaimed as I stood up, holding up my hands as Ric stood there.

Ric's eyes flickered between me and the Mikaelson's before eventually stopping, landing on me. I smiled sheepishly.

"Elena, why are the Mikaelson's here!" Ric said, closing the door slowly.

"It's a long story, why don't you guys sit down" I said, motioning for them to sit down.

Ric and Jo looked at me for a moment before sitting down. Ric crossed his arms as he glared at the Mikaelson's.

"Spit it out Elena, what's going on?" Ric asked, I bit my lip as I looked at him.

"Ok, so what happened is...." I started, looking to Jo and Ric as I began to tell them what they had missed since they've been away.

Once I was finished, Jo had tears in her eyes as she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back tightly before she pulled away, placing her hands on my face.

"I am so sorry about what my brother did to you, I am so sorry you had to go through all of that" Jo said, I smiled.

"It's ok Jo, I'm fine now" I replied, I looked to Ric as he stood up.

"I'm sorry about Jeremy, Elena" He said, pulling me into a hug as well.

"Thank you Ric" I mumbled, pulling away from the hug after a while.

"So, they are the family you've been talking about" Ric said, as he walked over to Alex, Gabe, Jules and Aims.

Ric held out his hand to them.

"It's nice to meet you guys" He said, Alex shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you too Alaric" Alex replied, Ric shook his head.

"Please call me Ric" He added, Alex nodded.

I smiled as Ric made his way over to the Mikaelson's.

"Thank you for being there for her" Ric said, Elijah nodded.

"No problem" Elijah replied.

I watched as Ric and Jo looked to Hayley and Klaus.

"I'm sorry that the Salvatores, Bonnie and Caroline did that to your daughter" Ric said, Hayley shook her head.