Chapter Twenty Three - It's Over

Mystic Falls, Virginia, September 19th 2012.

Elena's POV.

We walked into the mansion and I sat down on one of the couches. Kol sat on my left as Maria sat on my right, I bit my lip lightly before turning to Maria. 

"So, how do you have all of this? Nora's grimoire and her magical objects, I mean?" I asked, Maria smiled. 

"Well, like I said before my ancestor Marie was a good friend of your ancestor Nora," Maria began as I watched her. 

"When Nora found out that the Sacred Coven were here for her, she ran to my ancestor Marie. She told her that she was in danger and needed her help hiding her objects and grimoire. She handed my ancestor everything and told her to put up a barrier around the house so they wouldn't find out that Nora had help." Maria finished, I nodded slowly. 

"Ok, what about you? Can you tell me anything about you?" I asked, Maria nodded.

"Sure, as you know my name is Maria Jacobs. I was born on January 10th 1992, I am 20 years old and I have lived in Mystic Falls my whole life. I graduated Mystic Falls High School the same year as you," She said. 

"You went to Mystic Falls High School? How come I've never seen you?" I asked confused. 

"I wasn't in any of your classes, you were more popular where as I was more of a loner. I spent most of my time in the art classroom than anywhere else" She replied, I nodded in understanding. 

"Where are your parents, if you don't mind me asking" I said, Maria smiled sadly. 

"I've never met my dad, my mom told me that after she told him that she was pregnant with me, he ran. My mom died a couple of months after I graduated, so it's just me now" Maria replied, I grabbed her hand before lightly squeezing it. 

"I'm sorry about your mom" I said, Maria smiled in thanks. 

I smiled when Mystic jumped up into my lap, I began to scratch between her ears. Mystic turned around and went over to Maria, who laughed.

"Hello again, it's nice to see you" Maria said as she began petting Mystic. I looked at them confused.

"How do you know Mystic?" I asked, Maria smiled as she looked at me.

"Mystic has been staying with me until you were able to come into your powers as a witch" Maria replied, I nodded.

"Well thank you for taking care of her" I said.

I looked up when Freya spoke

"What is in the duffle bag?" Freya asked pointing to the duffle bag I was holding.

"This is all of Nora's magical objects and her grimoire" I replied, pointing to the duffle bag.

Freya nodded.

"Well I think we should head back to New Orleans, since what we came here to do is now done" Klaus said, I nodded. 

"Maria, you should come with us, if you want to?" I asked. 

"I would love to" Maria replied. 

"I'll take you back to yours to get your things" Klaus said, before grabbing Maria's arm and vamping off. 

"I'm going to head up stairs and get my things packed" I said, before walking up the stairs and into my room.

I began to pack all of my things into my bags before gently placing Jeremy's ashes into the duffle bag, I sighed.

"I'm sorry Jeremy for everything," I began as I ran my fingers over the box, "You got into this mess because of me"

I could feel my eyes tearing up as my throat became choked up. I heard my door creak open, turning my head I saw Kol standing there with his bags. I tried to wipe my tears away, Kol looked at me for a moment his eyes flashing slightly before he sped to me and pulled me into a hug.