Chapter Twenty One - The Sacred Coven: Part Two

New Orleans, Louisiana, September 19th 2012.

Elena's POV.

I was sitting in the lounge of the Mikaelson compound waiting for the rest of the guys to come downstairs with their bags, we were going to be leaving for Mystic Falls today. I was currently listening to Elijah and Klaus strategizing about how we were going to be defeating The Sacred Coven. I looked up when I felt someone's eyes on me, my eyes instantly connecting with Kol's dark ones.

I shivered slightly before sifting in my seat, my eyes casting down to my fidgeting hands. These past few days have been torture, the tension between Kol and I was unbearable. It was thickening even more and my feelings for him were becoming stronger.

I shook my head slightly, I needed time to think. It's funny, when I first met him at the Mikaelson ball I was attracted to him and when I talked to him in my kitchen, it felt natural. I'll admit I had a small crush on him but that dwindled when he tried to kill my brother. But now my brother is gone and the small attraction I had developed for Kol was slowly making a return and it was becoming stronger than ever.

"Elena, are you ok?" A voice said, I jumped slightly when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looking up I noticed that it was Elijah who had asked the question.

"Yeah, it's just The Sacred Coven. My head is scrambled" I replied.

"We are going to defeat them love, don't you worry. You have us with you, and us Mikaelsons have been known to get rid of our enemies" Klaus added, I laughed lightly as I looked at him.

"That's true" I said.

I looked up when the rest of the guys came downstairs with their bags. Freya smiled as she looked at us. 

"So are we ready to go?" She asked. 

"Yeah, lets get going" Klaus replied before we all walked outside to the cars. 

I placed my bags in my car along with Kol's. Davina's and Gabe's as they were going to be riding with me. Klaus, Hayley and Elijah put their bags into Klaus's car, while Freya, Keelin, Rebekah and Marcel put their bags in Marcel's car. Alex, Josh, Aims and Jules placed their bags into Aims car and we were off.

Driving down to Mystic Falls, Kol got a call from Klaus. 

"What's up?" Kol asked, out the corner of my eye I could see Kol nodding.

"Ok, no problem" Kol said before hanging up the phone. 

"What did Klaus say?" I asked as I looked to see that we were near Mystic Falls. 

"That we will be staying at our family's mansion in Mystic Falls" Kol replied, I nodded before driving into Mystic Falls. 

I drove to the Mikaelson Mansion, parking my car once we all got there. We took our bags and walked into the mansion, Davina turned to me before handing Mystic over. I smiled, Rebekah then began to show us our rooms. I was last to enter my room, as Rebekah smiled at me. 

"This is your room Elena," She said as I looked to see Kol entering the room opposite mine.

"Thank you, Rebekah" I replied before walking into my room. 

Placing my bag and Mystic down, I sighed. I really hope that I can beat them, I just don't know when they will be coming. I began to unpack everything and put it away before picking up Mystic and walked out my room. I gasped when I bumped into Kol, his eyes trailing down my body before meeting my eyes. Kol smirked before holding his arm out. 

"Ladies first," He said, I smiled. 

"Thank you" I replied before walking down the hall, Kol closely following behind.