Chapter One - Cheaters! Fake Friends! and Sociopaths! Oh my!

Mystic Falls, Virginia, June 14th 2011.

Elena's POV.

I waved goodbye to Alaric and Jo as they drove off. Alaric was visiting Jo's coven along with her. I turned around and began to walk to the Salvatore Boarding house as I thought about what I was going to do at college. It's been a week since I've graduated and I still haven't figured out what I'm planning on studying.

The lack of sleep I have been getting isn't making things easier. I keep having recurring dreams of Katherine and I have no idea why. I will need to ask Bonnie if it means anything or if it's just Katherine messing with me from beyond the grave.

Arriving at the Salvatores, I opened the door. Caroline and Stefan were out on a date at the mystic grill, I didn't see Damon in the lounge. I made my way upstairs towards Damon's room when i heard moaning coming from inside.

I slowly opened the door as I stood there in shock, there was Bonnie straddling Damon as they continued to make out. They were both naked so I knew exactly what they were doing, tears began to fill my eyes as I stood there for what felt like hours but had only been a few minutes. Why would they do this to me?

Bonnie screamed as she saw me and began to climb off of Damon, the latter looked at me in shock.

"Oh my god! Elena!" Bonnie exclaimed, I shook my head.

"I'll see you downstairs in a couple of minutes as that's how long it takes Damon to finish" I replied as I turned around and began to walk back downstairs, ignoring the shouts of my name.

I can't believe him! If he didnt want to be with me then he could've just told me that, but instead he does this. I strolled into the lounge to see Stefan and Caroline sitting on the couch, I smiled at them as I made my way towards the bar. Grabbing a small glass and a bottle of bourbon, I made my way towards the couch and sat down opposite them.

I opened the bottle before pouring some into the glass, once it was filled I placed the glass on the table before I took a swig straight from the bottle. Stefan and Caroline looked at me in shock.

"Elena, what's going on with you?" Stefan asked, I looked at him briefly.

"Ask your brother" I replied before taking another sip from the bottle.

I welcomed the burning sensation of the alcohol as I watched Damon and Bonnie running into the lounge. I rolled my eyes as I noticed Bonnie was wearing one of Damon's shirts, I scoffed lightly as I took another swig.

"Bonnie again! You told me that this was a one time thing!" Caroline exclaimed as my hand paused, my lips ghosting over the bottle.

Again?! This has happened before? I looked at Caroline.

"What do you mean again? How long has this been going on for?" I asked as I looked at all of them.

"It's been happening a couple of months before graduation" Caroline replied as I looked at her in disbelief.

"You've been cheating on me for three months?! And you knew and didn't tell me?!" I said, looking between Damon and Caroline.

"We didn't think it was our place" Stefan replied as I looked at him.

"Your brother has been cheating on me for three months and you didn't think it was your place to tell me?" I asked, Caroline snorted slightly.

"Elena don't act innocent it's nothing you haven't done yourself" Caroline replied sharply, I raised an eyebrow.

"If I recall correctly Stefan and I broke up at the very start of this year, so no I havent done this Caroline" I snapped back before taking a longer sip from the bottle.

"Elena, you act like you are so innocent all the time and it's really starting to irritate me. I never had the courage to say this to your face but now I do because I am sick of you acting like the victim." Bonnie said, as I turned to look at her.

"You are a selfish, insecure bitch and I wished we had just left you to die when Klaus sacrificed you"

I laughed as I took another sip from the bottle.

"Wow tell us how you really feel Bonnie" I muttered.

"Elena you know that I only got with you because you look exactly like Katherine" Damon said, I felt my heart clench at those words.

I breathed in slowly before taking another long swig of bourbon, I rolled my eyes as Damon continued.

"Since I couldn't have Katherine, I got you and it wasn't that hard to be honest"

I gritted my teeth before my head snapped to the left as the front door was broken down. A young man walked in with dark brown hair, I felt my stomach turn when I saw his smirk.

"Well, isn't this adorable" he said before smiling.

"Kai what the hell are you doing here?!" Bonnie replied as she hid slightly behind Damon.

Did she just say Kai, as in Kai Parker? Jo's sociopathic twin brother? Well this is just great.

"Calm down Bon Bon, I'm not here for you or Damon. I'm here for her" he said pointing to me. I jumped when the bottle of bourbon was thrown from my hand.

Kai made his way towards me as he grabbed my arm and pulled me up. I tried to break free from him, but he was too strong. I felt my eyes close as Kai waved his hand.

I looked around and noticed that I was in the forest, I heard running from beside me as I saw Katherine.

"Katherine!" I screamed as I began to run after her.

She didn't hear me as she continued to run further into the forest. I chased after her, calling her name every few minutes. I was chasing after her before I lost my footing and fell to my knees. Getting up quickly I looked around to see that Katherine was gone.

"Katherine!" I yelled turning in a circle quickly before I lost my footing again and fell backwards.

I woke with a start before I looked around to see that Kai in front of me. He grabbed my arm as he began pulling me towards a run-down house. I tried to break free but there was no use, he was stronger than me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, he smiled as he pulled me into the house.

"Why not?" He replied before pulling me into a room.

I began to thrash in his arms when I noticed the chains hanging from the ceiling. I watched in horror as he tied me up before bringing out a few knives.

"What are you planning on doing to me?" I said, Kai looked at me.

"Well dear Elena, I plan on siphoning from you specifically from your blood" he said, I shook my head as he walked closer to me.

I screamed in pain as Kai began to cut into my skin. My blood dripped down my arms as I thrashed around.

"Please don't do this" I said, Kai laughed.

"Please don't do this" Kai mocked me.

My eyes began to fill with tears as he continued. I watched in agony as he began to siphon from my blood. He laughed maniacally as he continued, my throat was becoming hoarse with amount of screaming that I had done. I fell into his chest when he unchained me, dragging me to the lounge he dropped me onto the couch.

I tried to keep my eyes open to see what he would do next, my vision was quickly becoming blurry. He healed my wounds as he smiled at me.

"We are going to have so much fun" was the last thing I heard before my eyes closed.