Chapter Seven - Lesson 3: Controlling Earth

Gilbert Family Lake House, Dunham Lake, June 30th 2012.

Elena's POV.

Noticing that I was back in the clearing, I smiled when I saw Nora sitting on the stone slab. Rushing over to her I sat down, Nora turned to face me as she smiled.

"You've learned how to control water. I'm very proud of you Elena, you are getting the hang of this" Nora said.

"Thank you Nora" I replied, before looking around the clearing.

"I would like to know more about The Sacred Coven, if that is ok? Do they know that you sent your powers to me? Do they know about me?" I asked looking back at her. Nora nodded.

"Of course, The Sacred Coven don't know that I sent my powers to you nor do they know about you but they will once you have learned to control all of my powers" Nora replied, I bit my lip.

"Once you have learned to control my powers, you will need to prepare yourself for they will come for you and those you love" Nora said as my eyes hardened.

"I'll be ready, and I will get rid of them," I said as Nora smiled, "for you and your father."

Nora nodded, grabbing my hands in hers.

"Thank you Elena, I appreciate that" Nora said.

"So what is my next lesson?" I asked, Nora chuckled.

"Your next lesson will be to learn how to control earth" Nora replied before standing up.

"Good luck Elena" Nora said before she disappeared.

Waking up, I looked to see Mystic sleeping beside me. Smiling I got out of bed and got changed for the day. Pulling on a black summer dress and Jeremy's denim jacket, I turned around when I heard a meow coming from behind me. Chuckling when I saw that Mystic had woken up.

"Come on then, let's go feed you" I said, making my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

Placing food and fresh water into Mystic's bowl, I walked over and began to make some eggs and bacon. After having breakfast, Mystic and I made our way outside. Walking through the woods surrounding my parents lake house, I came to a stop when we entered a small clearing. Looking down at Mystic, I smiled.

"Lets see if I can lift up some of the tree roots from the ground" I said as I walked over to the middle of the clearing.

I held my hands out to the side of me before taking a deep breath and focusing on the tree roots rising from the ground. I watched in amazement as the tree roots began to rise up, grinning I looked at Mystic.

"I did it!" I exclaimed before lowering my hands, watching as the tree roots disappeared back into the ground.

"Lets see what else I can do" I said, before looking around the clearing.

Noticing a couple of rose bushes near some trees, I smiled. Walking over to the bushes I kneeled down, turning my head to look at Mystic who came and sat beside me.

"Lets see if I can fix these rose bushes, yeah?"

Holding my hands out in front of me, I focused on the roses bush blooming. My mouth dropped in awe as the bushes became filled with dark red roses. Smiling I leaned forward slightly before sniffing a few of the roses, I pulled back and looked down at Mystic chuckling lightly when I saw her sniffing a rose.

I stood up and walked back to the middle of the clearing, I looked down to Mystic before speaking. 

"Lets see if I can fix this clearing"

I smiled when Mystic meowed, looking around the clearing I took a deep breath in. Holding out my hands beside me I imagined the ground being covered in grass, various flowers and plants. I watched in awe as the ground of the clearing was covered in grass, I grinned widely when various flowers and plants began to sprout up from the ground. Slowly placing my hands down, I knelt down beside Mystic before I picked her up. 

"I did it! Mystic, I did it!" I exclaimed happily, spinning us around in a circle. 

I placed Mystic down on the ground before I laid down, looking up at the sky. I smiled when I felt the small blades of grass tickling the skin of my legs, turning my head I laughed when I saw Mystic rolling around in the grass beside me.

Shaking my head slightly before I spoke.

"Come on Mystic lets get back inside"

I stood up before Mystic followed me, I came to a stop suddenly when I looked down at Mystic.

"Lets go round the front yeah?" I said before I made my way round the front of the lake house.

I tilted my head slightly before waving my hand, I smiled when thorns and dark red roses began to wrap themselves around the house. I was about to go into the house before I noticed the garage, I haven't been in the garage before so I had no idea what was inside. I shrugged my shoulders before making my way over to the garage, I looked down to see a padlock. Grabbing the keys out of Jeremy's jacket pocket, I quickly unlocked the garage door before opening it.

"Holy shit!" I said, my mouth falling open when I saw the car.

Walking over to the 67 ford mustang fastback, I dragged my fingers over the hood of the car. The car was gorgeous, I looked at it in awe. It was sleek black in colour and honestly it was the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

"Jeremy if only you were here to see this" I mumbled as I turned to look for the keys to it.

Finding the keys hanging up on one of the shelves, I opened the car door before climbing in. Placing the keys into the ignition I prayed the car was working, turning the key I smiled when it roared to life. My eyes widened in shock when I saw that the gas tank was full, dad must've been topping it up every once in a while. The car must've belonged to my grandmother Samantha, I drove it out of the garage before parking it next to the other car.

Getting out I smiled before picking up Mystic and walking inside the house. Placing her down, I began to fill up her food bowl before making myself some dinner. I opted for cheese and tomato pasta, the kitchen began to fill with the delicious smell of the sauce. When finished I placed the pasta on the plate before sitting down at the kitchen table, scrolling through my phone while I ate.

I noticed that I had pictures of me with Caroline, me with Stefan, me with Bonnie and me with Damon. I rolled my eyes before I deleted all of them, I'd rather not be reminded of them. I want a fresh start and that starts with getting rid of my old friends and my old life. I picked up my plate and washed it before putting it away, moving into the lounge I fell back onto the couch.

Smiling when Mystic jumped up onto my stomach and laid down, I took out my phone before taking a quick picture. I laughed at the face she made before turning my phone to her.

"Look it's you" I said, Mystic looked at me uninterested. I rolled my eyes playfully before putting my phone on the table.

I began to pet Mystic as I laid my head onto the cushion, smiling when Mystic began purring. My eyes began to close as sleep overtook me.