Chapter Thirty Four - Returning to Mystic Falls

New Orleans, Louisiana, January 3rd 2013.

Elena's POV.

It was 6am and I was standing in the lounge of the compound, with my bags packed. We were going down to Mystic Falls today and I was nervous for the arrival of Alaric and Jo. I don't know how they are going to take the news of everything, that I've been staying with the Mikaelsons, that Stefan, Damon, Bonnie and Caroline are dead and most importantly that I'm an enhanced doppelganger and I can do magic.

I snapped out of my daze when I heard Klaus's voice.

"We are all ready, lets go down to Mystic Falls"

I took a deep breath in before picking up my bags, walking outside of the compound and placing them into my car. I got in along with Kol, Gabe and Davina who was holding Mystic. I looked out the window, biting my lip nervously as Kol started the car and began driving.

My eyes snapped to Kol as I felt his hand on my thigh.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous" I replied.

"Don't worry Lena, you have us with you" Gabe said.

"Yeah, Gabe is right, you have us" Davina added.

I smiled as I glanced at them before turning back to look at Kol.

"They're right you know, you have us. We are here with you and I'm sure Alaric will understand" Kol said, squeezing my thigh in reassurance.

I nodded. "You're right"

Kol smiled at me, his thumb tracing small circles on my thigh as he turned back to look at the road. The car journey to Mystic Falls was filled with a calm silence, I stared out the window as I watched the scenery pass by quickly.

The car ride was quite long but soon enough we drove into Mystic Falls. Kol pulled into the driveway of the Mikaelson mansion, I stepped out of the car as soon as it stopped. Grabbing my bags, I followed the rest of the guys inside. Kol grabbed my hand as he vamped us up the stairs and into a room.

I looked around the room, turning to look at Kol who was smirking. This is his room.

"This is your room, isn't it?" I asked, Kol grinned.

"Our room" He replied, wrapping his arms around me.

I sighed as I leaned back into him for a moment, I stepped forward as I watched Kol begin to put away the clothes in our bags. Smiling, I walked over and began to help him. Taking out my Grimoire and my brother's ashes, I placed them on the table that was in the room. I also placed the bag of magical objects under the bed.

I took out my phone and looked at the time, it was 1:30pm. I sent a quick text to Ric, telling him that I was in Mystic Falls and I can't wait til him and Jo get here. Putting my phone away, I looked towards Kol.

"Come on, let's go downstairs" He said, holding out his hand.

I smiled and grabbed his hand as we made our way downstairs and into the lounge. Everybody else was sitting on the couches, Kol sat down in one of the armchairs, pulling me down to sit on his lap. I laughed lightly as I moved around to sit more comfortably.

"So, we are back in Mystic Falls, when did you say Alaric was coming back, Elena?" Rebekah asked.

"He said, he and his wife Jo will be coming back on the 5th or the 6th so possibly in a couple of days" I replied, Rebekah nodded.

I looked down as my fingers began to play with the ends of my shirt. I was so nervous, what if Ric doesn't take what I have to tell him well, what if he tells me he doesn't want to speak to or see me at all. I looked up at Kol, smiling when he grabbed my hand, his thumb lightly rubbing against the skin.