19 📞 kiss radio interview

Bold - Jungwon

Italic - You

☏ ⚊ ☏

Y/N was staring at her phone screen, waiting for the Kiss Radio of KBS presenting the Enhypen's maknae line. It's coming up tonight. Apparently, they'd been invited because of their new song "Blessed-Cursed".

She really liked this song since it was catchy at every part, though it can never replaced "Polaroid Love" in her own opinion.

"God, reading all this comments from the waiting fans is boring. I'm still waiting for the real deal to come up", Fiona repeated for the tenth time, besides Y/N in her bed.

Fiona Raleigh had always been of Jungwon since his I-land days and was very ecstatic to share her fangirling with Y/N - except her fan account dedicated to him. It would be embarassing for her to show her bestfriend whatever she was posting in there.

After Jungwon's reveal to her, knowing his real identity by now, Y/N was firm on trying to follow up with every update from her friend.

"Stop complaining. Look, it's starting now", Y/N pointed out. Both of them turned silent when the voice of the mc started the livestream.

"Thank you for coming tonight. You all look great and fresh for this song, and welcome back at Kiss Radio", Choi Soobin smiled.

Jungwon, who looked absolutely handsome and more charismatic at his new blue hair, smiled politely back to the host, "Thank you. It's great to be here again. Right, guys?"

"Right", both Sunoo and Ni-ki agreed at the same time, smiling brightly to their sunbae.

"Wonderful. So you're here because of your new song. It's already climbing up the charts nonstop from it's release yesterday"

"It was exciting and fun. We managed to make a new one despite of being busy last december. It took a short time, but we managed to still make it amazing. We're glad that everyone who's waiting for it, loved it"

Soobin continued to smile, "I certainly did. My co-members loved it as well. Beomgyu wouldn't stop playing it at our dorm"

"He did?", Jungwon smiled sheepishly and acting surprised for the sake of the camera.

It looked genuine when Y/N observed it, and she didn't notice how Sunoo and Ni-ki's smile was becoming wider. It's always funny for them to act professional in front of the sunbae they were actually close in personal, that's for sure.

"Don't look so surprised. Your group have been a big hit since your debut. Speaking of which, for quite some time now, fans were wondering if some of your members happens to have a girlfriend"

When Soobin looks to the script, he grew quite hesitant but still smile nonetheless, in case someone might notice the catch in his expression.

"Well, it says here from one of this radio's team but a very reliable source told them that you might have a girlfriend. So is that true?"

He have a girlfriend? Y/N thought. She was curious and a bit happy for him, but why did he not say it to her?, is the question. Beside her, Fiona groaned in complain, thinking how kind of fishy it is for the staff of radio channel to enter that question first thing in the interview.

Y/N didn't answer to her complaints, but stared attentively at the screen.

She noted Jungwon's expression morphed into a confused one, but it lasted for a few seconds before sharing a smug smirk with his friends, "I have? Why did they found it first when even I no idea about it?"

"Yes, based on what it said here, she even gave the name and how you got the girl's number in a fansign"

Jungwon lean back on his chair, looking cautious all of a sudden. It seems as if he doesn't know what to say because his gaze flickered to someone behind the camera, "I never knew that.. I mean, why would I have a girlfriend when I'm busy?"

"Her name is revealed as... Y/N L/N! Ugh, What an interesting name"

"What kind of Disney magic is this?", Y/N said out loud, miles away from Jungwon and miles away from calling all her mice and rats to haunt him.

She's completely taken by surprise as she stared at the phone with a horrified expression.

"Ans who revealed this to them?", Jungwon looked as horrified as her, but he was managing well to hide it.

"It was no other than the staff from your group's last fansign's place, of course. How long have you known this girl?"

Jungwon looked at Sunoo with a wary smile playing on his lips, "She is just my friend, nothing else"

Yes, I'm just his friend. How did they even found out about us? Y/N thought in defeat and thought of hundred ways to hide from the public in the next days.

"Why did you never tell me?", Fiona asked, looking quite hurt from beside her. Y/N had to keep herself from rolling her eyes.

"I never hide anything. They were jumping into conclusions!", she protested, and they stared at the phone in silent yet once again while they watched Jungwon tried to elaborate the situation.

On how the source was misunderstanding everything, on how this friend of his should be left alone and how he couldn't have time for a relationship that didn't exist.

For Y/N, they were really just friends and they hadn't known each other for a long time anyway.

● ● ☏ ● ●