12

Sitting down for breakfast, Jaehyun sighed. The apartment was unusually quiet today. Most days Yuta was up before he was, sometimes they even ate together.

Brushing it off as the Japanese finally getting well needed rest, the Jung began eating. Scrolling away on his phone, the man was surprised to hear movement from the other room.

Still consumed by sleep, a surprising, yet familiar figure shuffled out of Yuta's room.

Jaehyun tried not to think too much about that.

Although they both were obviously not expecting to see each other, they played it off well.

Blue hair pointed in all directions, the sleepy intruder glanced around. "Where's Yuta?"

Jaehyun ignored the already annoyed boy, continuing to eat his breakfast.

"Hey." The older tried again, his eyes as wide as he could get them.

"I'm sorry." The Jung stated, a smug smile on his face. His eyes were on the phone in his hand. "I'm not allowed to talk to strangers."

Taeyong was not ready for this so early in the morning and it clearly showed.

"Very funny." The urge to roll his eyes was there but he fought it off. "Can you answer my question now?"

Deciding to play nice and cooperate, Jaehyun just shrugged.

"He probably went out to grab something." His eyes flickered to the older for only a second. "Shouldn't you know? He's your boyfriend."

"You live with him." Taeyong shrugged, taking a seat across from Jaehyun and helping himself to the younger's breakfast.

It was much too early for the warning bell part of his brain to work.

"So what's this?" Elbows on the table, Jaehyun just watched the older. "We're all grown up and spending the night at our boyfriend's place now?"

Taeyong didn't owe the younger any explanation and they both knew that. If the Lee wanted, he could say nothing. Just let the Jung suffer and make as many assumptions as his poor heart could bear.

"I slept at your house all the time." Taeyong said, his stone cold eyes meeting the younger's.

"That was different." Jaehyun was immovable.

The Lee really considered staying silent, but the way Jaehyun was staring him down was breaking his will.

"Yuta slept on the couch." The Lee sighed, motioning to the furniture a few feet away.

Although he didn't say anything, Jaehyun visibly calmed. The tension flooding his body disappeared with those few words.

It was quiet then.

Both boys questioned what Taeyong was still doing there. On any other instance, he would have left the room as soon as he caught a glimpse of the younger.

Jaehyun was grateful for the company, but he had no idea what to do with it. There weren't exactly many conversation topics they could carry amiably.