Chapter 42 | Alive

ALIVE

"SIRIUS DON'T WORRY SHE'LL WAKE up." Remus Lupin, shuddered but tried to console his best friend who had been a mess since two days.

   Sirius sat in his living room, with his face buried in his hands, his eyes boring deep dark circles as he hadnt slept at all. Amelia never came out of her room since two days, as she never woke up. The whole house of Black was drowned in silence and sorrow as no one could understand what had happened to her.

   Meanwhile Harry too never left his bedroom and Amelia's side. He sat there in front of her all the hours waiting for her to wake up, but she wont. After he witnessed Amelia woke up suddenly from sleep that morning, said a few strange words and fell asleep back, Harry informed the whole house.

   Firstly everyone tried to calm him down saying, she might have had a bad dream, but Harry was unconvinced. When even after a few hours Amelia still didnt wake up, everyone got worried and Sirius was quick to call healers.

   But the healers were very casual about Amelia's situation, they said she was deep asleep maybe due to the tiredness of wedding. And now when it has been whole two days and she is still not awake, the whole house is terrified.

   Harry, in his room sat on his side of the bed, watching his fiance with a never ending gaze, tiredness drowsed in his bright green eyes which now seemed so dull filled with impatience. His one hand held hers firmly, never letting go, repeatedly whispering her to wake up soon, but she wont even stir. 

   He watched her laying there, deep asleep, her chest rising and falling uniformly. He sat their defeated, not knowing what has happened to her. Why wasnt she waking up? He didnt know anything other than wanting to see her waken up again and talking to him.

   He sighed watching her calmly beautiful face, her open messy hair, his gaze falling down to the shining emarald necklace she always wore, he didnt know why she never removed it. He remembered when she woke up that day abruptly she had clutched to this necklace seemingly in pain and fell back to bed.

    Suddenly he flinched on feeling her palm tightening in his. His breath hitched as he saw her eyebrows began furrowing. Was she waking up? She let out a faint groan and started stirring. He almost jumped at this and started yelling, "Sirius! Mom! Dad! Amelia's waking up!"

   She let out a louder groan because of his ear piercing voice, he apologised repeatedly sensing it and didnt know if she heard or not. Soon everyone was found storming in the room frantically. Sirius' eyes almost bulging out at his daughter.

   All of them circled around the bed, watching her intently. With her head drowning under immense pain, Amelia tried to open her eyes and was met with the blurry sight of too many figures standing in front of her altogether, all of them saying something or the other.

   "Amelia," She heard her name called from somewhere closer, frowning and turning to the source she was met with the sight of her fiance with glistening eyes and happiness all over his face.

   "Har—" She croaked but started coughing badly, and soon was handed a glass of water by god knows who and was pulled to sit up slightly straight, gulping a small sip while a hand rubbed behind her back.

   Once finally being able to catch her breath and calm down, she tiredly looked around with furrowed eyebrows asking, "Why are you all here?"

   Maybe I slept really late this time. She thought to herself.