Chapter 1 | Eight Year

EIGHTH YEAR
Chapter 1

"BREAKFAST AMELIA!" Sev yelled from downstairs causing Amelia to groaning in sleep whil turning and immediately falling off and hitting the ground harshly. Bright sunlight hit her face causing her to scrunch her face. Groggily sitting up she rubbed her eyes and suddenly remembered what day it was today.

Raising up the blue ring in her finger she smiled "Happy Birthday Ced"

It been two months since the war ended and everything was going fine and peaceful, Amelia was back at her home at Spinner's end living with Sev and Lory.

Lory didnt go back to America, because she wanted pursue her career in England and had talked to her parents already. She started living with Amelia at Spinner's end both the girls enjoyed time with each other not needing anyone else, meanwhile Sev being the headmaster was busy at Hogwarts most of the time.

After getting ready Amelia descended downstairs to see Sev sipping his tea in his armchair holding Daily Prophet in one hand, like always.

"Morning Sev" Amelia said plopping herself on the breakfast table and gained a nod, in his way of replying. Her eyes wandered for Lory, who was not in sight. She turned to her uncle and asked "Where's Lory?"

Before Sev could reply the maindoor of the house barged open and in came a panting Lory covered in sweat "Mornin' people"

Sev merely shook his head in disappointment, him and Lory never got along as Lory being a sunshine girl and him being a dark gloomy man, both did not like each other's company. Due to Lory's presence Spinner's End became too loud.

"So how many calories?" Amelia asked munching her overly buttered toast. Lory slouched breathing heavily.

"I am sure I've hit atleast a million" Lory said panting dramatically. Amelia chuckled but soon her attention was gained by an owl sitting outside the window sill. She knew the familiar owl, it was from Grimmauld Place and also knew who was the letter from, Lyra.

Lyra had been sending letters to her since the war ended calling her home to atleast spend some time, but Amelia denied everytime. Because it was only Lyra who was trying, no one else. Estella and Amelia met in diagon alley and hogsmeade a lot of times, Amelia had no grudges towards her, actually she had no grudges towards anyone.

She stopped expecting from anyone and lived peacefully. Because from everything she has learned in her short life, it was clear that expectations hurt.

"Is it from her again?" Sev asked slowly coming behind her as she took the letter from the owl, Amelia gave a short stiff nod. Sev knew everything about Lyra constantly trying to call Amelia Grimmauld Place, she many time offered her to live there, but Amelia ignored her letters everytime.

Sev too offered Amelia, that if she wants to go there she can, he didnt want her to stay alone at Spinner's end but eventually Lory came. Amelia excused herself going to her room with the letter and started reading it.

Dear Amelia,

How are you? Its been really long since I last heard from you, you dont reply, is there something wrong? Please tell me.

As you might know, Estella's birthday is approaching, on 20th august, all of us have decided to celebrate and Estella and I want you to come this time, please do come.

The potters and weasleys, are also invited, and it would really hurt me if you dont come, we will have a family time at our house. I hope for a reply and that too positive one.

Yours,
Aunt Lyra.

Amelia sighed folding the letter back and keeping it in a drawer, the drawer was filled with letter from Lyra and Estella. They sent a letter in every few days, and she never replied, only once when Lyra threatened to send a howler.

It almost pained her that why was she not wanting to meet her family, she didnt know why she never felt the need to see all of them, Sirius and Remus to be specific. Seeing Potters again was her worst nightmare. She sighed shaking her head going back down to have breakfast with her family.

***

Days passed, Estella's birthday passed too, and Amelia didnt go, how could she possibly go after everything. Lory was invited too and she went, but Amelia made an excuse of studying for her exams for the job she wanted in the magical law enforcement department.

Sev was downstairs all by himself, Lory was sleeping, and Amelia just sat staring an empty wall until she heard someone arrive in the house as the doorbell rang. In an instant she could hear loud hissing, both of familiar voice, she ran downstairs to see Sev and Lyra yelling at each other.

"You are not allowed to meet my niece!" Sev said hotly.

"Sorry to break it to you Sherlock!- but she is my niece as well!" Lyra hissed angrily.

"Hello Aunt Lyra" Amelia greeted stepping forward and saw the woman's eyes soften at her, she pushed past Sev to bring Amelia in a warm hug.

"I am mad at you" Lyra said in her hair.

"I know I am sorry" Amelia apologised still holding her. Both the ladies pulled away when Sev closed the door with a loud bang and left.

"Bloody dungeon git" Lyra muttered.

"How are you?" Amelia smiled weakly at her aunt.

"I am fine, but what about you? Why dont you come to meet us ever?" Lyra asked in the same tone placing a hand on her cheek and Amelia didnt know why but she felt a really motherly love.

"I c-couldnt-" Amelia was interrupted by an owl pecking on the window loudly, she scurried towards it taking the letters attached to its tow, there were two of them and both had Mcgonnacal's initials.

"Why would Mcgonnacal send letters now and that too for Lory?" Amelia asked frowning, Lyra shrugged and told her to read, Amelia opened her letter.

Spinner's end,
Cokeworth.

Dear Miss Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted by the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry for your eighth year. This is a special year for the graduated students all over the wizarding world as they are to be introduced to a new law passed by the ministry, the further details shall be provided in the school. We expect you to arrive by the hogwarts express on 1st September, 1998.

Deputy headmistress,
Minerva Mcgonnacal

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A/n: First chapter is here guys!! Tell me if you liked it, consider voting and commenting on your favourite parts also I have changed the title of the book to Hiraeth (check the above picture for meaning). Also I'll try to post chapters of this book everyday, like I did for Another Black.

27/09/21