Chapter 48 | I Dont Want To Die

I DONT WANT TO DIE

"SURGERY IS TO BE PERFORMED tomorrow." The healers left informing the whole family leaving them with pale faces. Recently being informed that Amelia has a disease developing in her heart since years and the deadly infection needs to be removed or her life was at risk, the family members were already frightened and now getting to know that tomorrow Amelia will have to go under a surgery was even more frightening.

   Sirius, who had been deadly silent the whole time after getting to hear how worse his daughter's condition is, stood up with his throat going extremely dry and left going out to find the room his daughter was. Opening the door he was met with the sight of his daughter sitting on the bed with the bitterest look while a mediwitch held a injection in front of her filling it.

   As the door opened and Amelia saw her father entering in with an even paler look as he was staring deadly at the needle in the mediwitch's hand. He rushed towards her with a distraught look, he wanted to say a lot to her but all his words were caught in. He could read the fear in her eyes as well.

   "What did they say?" She asked in a raspy voice and he found himself unable to tell her the truth. Inhaling heavily he put up the smile which seemed so difficult, and placed a warm hand against her cheek, "You'll be alright, I promise."

   Dont make the promises you cant keep.

   "Pull your sleeve up." The mediwitch smiled towards her and Amelia's eyes froze on the injection in her hand which was approaching in her direction. Her head jerked straight to her father and she gulped evidently with fear in her eyes.

   "Is it necessary?" Sirius asked to the mediwitch after reading his daughter's eyes. The woman gave Sirius a blank look who too was equally scared as his daughter.

   "You wont even realise it, just pull your sleeve over." The witch said, Amelia stared at her father who looked equally helpless, he nodded at her wearily as she very slowly and reluctantly rolled her sleeve up while staring at him. 

   "Dont worry, I am here, it wont even hurt." Sirius assured softly despite internally being highly scared and held her free hand. She whispered looking up at him, "I swear if it hurt, I will punch her and you won't stop me."

   "I wont." He reassured. Amelia's eyes went wide as she felt the cold tip of the needle against her arm and her hand tightened in her father's who too was wide eyed in horror. Instantly she screamed in a high pitched voice and her scream was accompanied by Sirius', no one knew if her screamed because of her crushing his hand or just because she screamed.

   "She clearly is your daughter." The mediwitch shook her head at Sirius, who suddenly felt an instant happiness strike him at the remark. The witch huffed, "Rest and get ready for tomorrow, dont stress much and you– hold this."