Ch.37 Imperfections

Ch.37 Imperfections

Marley's POV

~~2 Months Later~~

I found myself lying on the cold, hard concrete. As I attempted to get up, I realized I was surrounded by walls of flowers.

I looked down, seeing I was wearing a bronze dress with black flowers on them. Nothing I would ever wear in reality.

I turned around, seeing a old-looking, wooden door. The handles looked pure gold, and not scratched at all. Slowly, I opened the door, cautious of what might be behind it.

Once the door was wide open, I found myself in a dome of white chrysanthemums, iris the color lilac, and gardenias. A small wooden table and chair were the only things, other than me, in the dome.

I turned to the door, finding it had disappeared. I'm trapped.

I walked over to the table, seeing it had a drawer. I opened it, there was just a pure gold key. Not even a scratch. I turned back, grabbing the golden key.

Suddenly, a white door appeared in front of me. Opening it slowly as I unlocked it, I stepped back.

No sounds at all. I walked into the other room. I stood still, closing my eyes. This isn't happening. He would never.

But even I had to accept reality. I opened my eyes as tears fell. "R-Rob?". The sight was to horrid to see, but I already saw it. Rob and Desiree making out.

Rob pulled away from Desiree, and our eyes met. Those eyes I fell in love with were replaced with cold ones. "You should've known I would never fall in love with you".

My eyes shot open. Sweat dripping down my forehead, my heart beating fast, my hands shaking.

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair. I've been having the same dream for the past two months and I'm still afraid of it. I'm still afraid it might actually be true.

Rob is making me stay at his place until we find a bigger house. I didn't have all my stuff moved over here, it's a waste of time. Plus, Preston said I leave some of my stuff there, I think he just wants an excuse for me to visit.

I sighed again, getting up and heading to the restroom. I washed my face, looking in the mirror.

Every girl hit a point in her life when she sees all her flaws and imperfections. Mine's was right now. Mines has been going on for two months, and counting.

My nose is too big, I have so many pimples, my eyebags are getting woelrse by the day, I'm super short, my smile is weird; I'm just ugly.

And if I can see how ugly I am, so can Rob. That's when I looked down to see the baby bump. You could barely tell I had one, but it was there.

"Marley? You want pancakes?"I heard Rob ask. "I'm fine,"I simply said, even if I was hungry. "Marley, you have to eat something,"Rob said. "I'll eat later, I'm not hungry right now".

Rob's POV

I stood outside the bathroom door. She hasn't been eating very well, she's been very solitary. I don't think she's even told her parents about the pregnancy.

"Marley, we need to talk". I waited for a second, then she opened the door. "What's up?"she said casually. I knew something was wrong, I just didn't know what.

"Marley...is everything ok?". She nodded. "You're forgetting you are a terrible liar". She sighed, sitting on the couch. I sat next to her, our fingers intertwined.

"It's just been so hard. With the morning sickness and the mood swings and the hormones..."she trailed off.

"I-I feel so... revolting. I feel so hideous. I feel so alone". A tear fell from her cheek as she looked down. I lifted her chin, our eyes meeting. "Don't ever think that about yourself again. You are the most beautiful, amazing, wonderful person I've ever met, and I'm so grateful you are mine". She smiled.

"Which is why I needed to talk to you...". Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Marley, we've known each other for about a year now. And even in those 12 months, I feel like I know you better than I know anyone else.You are my best friend. You are my girlfriend. You are my person". She still looked confused.

"Which is why I need to ask...". I showed her the small velvet box and opened it. Her eyes filled with tears as she saw the ring.

She looked at me with her beautiful eyes. Only she didn't look very happy. "Rob...". I slowly closed the box, feeling a rejection.

"You know I love you, right?"she asked. I nodded. "Rob, don't think I don't want to get married, because I do, I really do. But... I just can't. I mean-it's just-it's really hard to explain".

"I'm not ready yet". I nodded as we embraced. "I love you,"she whispered. "I love you too".