You're My Home

New York

New York.

My hometown.

Seconds after we flew in, I inhaled the polluted air and felt like I'm home, especially with my fiance by my side. Because, in all honesty, home was wherever she was. Today, our itinerary was stocked up with places to sightsee. It wasn't Davina's first time in NYC, but I had the underground knowledge about the city.

I also wanted to bring her to my special hideout.

The place I would spend most nights to avoid having to engage with my dad. My sanctuary had a different meaning today, not only because my father wasn't around to frighten me anymore. But because the girl taking selfies with her fans right in front of me was my walking sanctuary. I've feared that I would fall into this, putting my burdens on my girlfriend, adding enormous weight to her shoulders.

But I've fallen for her. She's the butter to my bread, the jelly to my donut, the Eve to my Adam because, for fuck's sake, she was the definition of temptation. She brought the apple right by my lips and there was no going back.

"Can I get of photo with the both of you?" The fan who had taken a picture with Davina already asked.

Since we only dropped our luggage in the hotel room, we had forgotten to unpack sunglasses and hats to disguise ourselves from the public eye. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Only about a dozen fans came up to us. They were mostly Davina's fans, but I had surprisingly met a few of my own.

It was an odd but eventful experience, for sure.

I shrugged. "Sure. Where do you want me to go?"

The young girl's cheeks turned pink. "Davina, is it okay if Ambrose kisses my cheek for the picture? I've got the biggest crush on him."

Davina giggled. "So do I!" she swatted my ass as I walked over to the other side of the girl. "It's fine, as long as you don't plan to steal him away from me." Her tone came off sweet and lighthearted.

She put her hands up in defensive, waving them frantically. "I would never! I might have a big crush on Ambrose, but I'm a bigger Davrose shipper."

Davina pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm kidding! Of course, he can kiss you as long as he's okay with it."

Their eyes wandered in my direction, blinking.

"Well, I can't crush a girl's dream," I teased, sticking my tongue out at Davina. "Besides, I have heard from a special someone that I have the best lips in the world."

Davina narrowed her eyes into murderous slits. "You're not a good comedian."

The girl nodded. "Davina's right."

I scoffed. "Come on, but your joke was funny? You guys are just ganging up against me because I'm the only guy here." I covered my mouth dramatically. "I can't believe this discrimination."