Let's Love Through The Pain

Oh, man

Oh, man. I'm in big trouble. I haven't been able to stop thinking about that kiss. Every time the memory floated into my head, my pulse galloped and my balls tightened, and all I wanted to do was kiss the crap out of her. But instead of capitulating to my lustful needs, I pulled away and asked for Davina to meet me in two hours.

Romantic relationships were like two-cart trains. During my childhood, I only observed the crashing and burning kinds of trains. They whirled into a ditch just to find each other in the morning and begin the process all over again. My parents, like the trains, stretched apart, but when divided into individual carts, they were messed up; they depended on each other.

I didn't want those downsides in my relationship.

I wanted those hopeless fantasies from those classic rom-com movies. I wanted a book-worthy confession that would make our children swoon the day we told them the story. Wow, I'm really jumping the gun by mentioning kids already.

I spent years spoiling a girl who might've taken advantage of me. She probably didn't even realize it; Lana was always pretty clueless, but I pampered her with so many gifts and food. It's time for someone deserving of it.

So, I hurried to the closest decorating store and brought everything I needed to impress Davina. I couldn't fight the grin that stretched across my face when she popped into my brain. It would be a miracle if I could get this all done before the second hour was up, but I'll be damned if I failed to make her smile again.

 It would be a miracle if I could get this all done before the second hour was up, but I'll be damned if I failed to make her smile again

Once I finished adorning the rooftop for a magical evening, I peered at my watch to see about ten minutes to show and change. But I needed another second to admire my masterpiece. fairy curtain lights hung around the base, the bright illuminating lights radiating off the white blankets.

White sheets were used to make a cozy fort furnished with thick blankets, pillows, and a table stocked with food. Davina's favorite wines were snuggled by the pillows with the crystal glass flipped upside down. The hardest thing was getting the projector functioning with an HD screen so we can stay up all night watching movies.

Or just talking.

I loved listening to her ramble.

I glanced at my clock again. Shit, I've wasted three minutes admiring my hard work. I doubted I had enough time to run down those stairs, but luckily gym was the only class I was skilled in. I had the fastest mile run record until Declan's class and he beat me by two minutes. He could never let me have one thing.