Make It Up To Me

Drinking was a bad idea

Drinking was a bad idea. Yet I drowned two whiskeys before officially closing the lid on it. Celebrities gave each other looks when I passed them. Apparently, more people caught drift over our fight than I thought. All I wanted to was hid and stick my face into video games until my feelings were liberated.

For being a fake girlfriend, she brought the same amount of stress as an actual girlfriend would. It took weeks for Davina to open up, show a different side of herself, someone I enjoyed spending time with. It ached in my chest, knowing she hadn't felt the same I did. The famous quote words break your bones because I couldn't recover from this pain.

At least not tonight.

I'm a fucking idiot. Even if Davina said those dreadful things about me, I shouldn't have swooped down to the level and argued back. She flicked the match to start the fire, but I added the gasoline and kept going longer than it should. I could tell from her eyes, and the way her voice cracked, that I hurt her feelings tonight.

How the hell was I supposed to make it up to her?

Rubbing my face out of frustration, I dug into my pocket to pull out my cell phone. I wasn't foreign to romantic gestures, but what exactly were Davina and me? Friends? Strangers? The normal things I had done for Lana, like cooking snacks, buying flowers, showering with gifts, didn't seem worthy enough for this fight.

So I texted the group chat. Catalina and Meadow were already gossiping about the rumors of the massive fight. Once I confirmed the argument was true, all the girls said how could I've done this at a public event. They really were my family by seeing how harshly they scolded me, even without knowing the full story.

Catalina's advice was to plan a super-secret date as a surprise which wouldn't work in this case. Meadow suggested I perform a song, showcasing how much I care about her and our relationship. It was a lovely idea, but it seemed too personal for strangers. Lastly, Lana proposed a night full of Davina's favorite things.

I think that could be arranged.

Would she think I'm doing it out of my own guilt and not because I cherish her feelings? Davina does have a way of ruining or joking about my approaches to our relationship. But it almost felt like a coping mechanism, a protective blanket from her taking me seriously. Even if every fiber in my body was against subjecting to my pride, I threw it away to resolve our issue.

My train of thought disappeared when I felt fingertips trailing up against my back until my shoulder blades. Horror flashed in my eyes when Ryler stood on my left side, a terrifying smile plastered on her face.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" Ryler stated, twirling her dyed Sapphire hair around her fingers.

"That's a first," I muttered, taking a sip of my water bottle.

Ryler blinked, making sure to bat her long eyelashes. "Told you, Davina is a tough girl to crack. She doesn't go searching for anyone, we always have to do the looking."