Friendly Game of Twenty Questions

Why was this happening to me?

The universe was out to get me. Or was it Davina? To think I'm going to subject myself to being in a relationship with this girl... Honestly, I don't know how the producers were going to give us a romance edit when all the footage of us resulted in a fight.

My heart currently was going through a shredder as I messaged Lana that I couldn't make it to movie night. The studio was so filthy that I doubted I would be leaving anytime soon, especially when I'm stuck with a whiny brat. I wouldn't be shocked if I ended up cleaning everything on my own while Davina texted on her cell phone.

I let out an exhausted sigh as I dropped the mopping equipment. "Why did I have to be abused by a female barbarian?"

Davina scrunched up her face, her thick hair falling over her shoulders. "Hey! What do you mean, female barbarian?"

I shook my head and let out an exasperated chuckle. "You dropped a bucket load of flour on my head, then proceeded to pelt me with eggs, remember?" 

"Well, I apologized, didn't I?" Davina pressed her lips into a thin line, her apologetic sea-blue eyes staring up at me. "All I did was hit you a little... so why don't you just let it go?"

I was mindblown.

"What do you mean, a little?" I mocked, squinting my eyes and pursing my lips in deep annoyance. "I was this close to blacking out, you know!"

Davina blinked at me, cocking up an eyebrow. "Oh, did you? You must have low blood pressure, then! I'm apologizing if you haven't noticed, so why don't you fucking give it a rest already? You're such a baby!"

"That's how you apologize?" I shot her a glare.

She tossed me an unimpressed glare, coiling her fingers around a basket. "Whatever. Just stay on your side of the room. Don't come over here, got it? Your unmanliness will rub off on me."

I stopped dead in my tracks, my eyes darkening. "That's my line! I rather not be in the same perimeter as you."

She blinked, then let out a quiet chuckle. "I can't stand guys who keep bitching about what's over and done with. I'd hate for anyone to think I was friends with a petty guy like that."

"I hate to break it to you but our relationship is due to go public soon."

Davina rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

Dammit, what's this girl's problem? My fingers ruffled through my hair so harshly I felt like I pulled out all my strands. I've never seen such a vicious, annoying girl. I thought Meadow was the worst of the worst with her troublesome attitude, but I had been proven wrong.

For starters, I snatched a sponge from the bucket and commenced scrubbing the sauce-covered floor. The fragrance from the soap wafted into my nose, triggering a bouquet to appear in my head. Three deep scrubs later and the floors were on the way to look clear and white again.