The Music and Fists Are Flying

Love

Love.

Such a complex emotion. It's a mixture of all the others combined; one-day things are fucking fantastic and other days, things were shit but aren't that the wonders of love? We can't experience the full scope without being thrown into a hectic swirl of unknown obstacles hidden in the distance.

Ever since Ambrose proposed, things have been amazing. However, the doubtful Davina within hadn't disappeared and was sending cautious thoughts every so often. Like the fact that besides every action Ambrose had shown, he never once said he loved me back. It could've been the excitement. Or pure forgetfulness, but even days later, he hasn't said it back.

His actions showed genuine feelings, but was it really that difficult to say I love you back? Especially for a skeptical overthinker like myself. It made it impossible to focus on the promotions Wesley and I had to suffer through for eight hours. Estefania got eliminated on yesterday's taping, leaving Wes and me fighting for the crown.

I rolled my head around my shoulders, hoping to loosen its tension. "I hope we get high rankings or this promo will not be worth the kink in my neck."

Suddenly, Wesley's hands grazed my neck, sending an oddball of shivers down my spine until it was reinstated with satisfaction from the massage he was giving me. "Does it feel better?"

"Fuck yeah, it does. Sleeping in Ambrose's bed might've been a big mistake. That shit isn't comfy at all," I groaned, my eyes closing as I consumed the pleasure from my released tension.

"Then why did you sleep there?" Wesley asked.

"Because Ambrose was there." A gigantic smile crawled up my face. "The bed might've sucked, but he didn't. And no, don't take it the wrong way. I just love the way his arms, chest, and whole body feel."

Wes stopped in his tracks, dipping his head forward, blinking awkwardly. "So, this is Davina in love? I think it's even cuter how you're blushing at the thought of him." He pinched my cheek, using his knuckle. "Ambrose has no right being this lucky."

I rolled my eyes. "You're so annoying!" I faced him, booping his nose. "Don't worry little grasshopper, soon enough you will meet an amazing girl and forget all about mauh! I see it in your future."

He pushed his glasses back up his nose. "Can I borrow those lenses because I'm feeling a bit lost here?"

As I stood up from the chair, I grasped onto his shoulders, squeezing them. "Wes, you're a fantastic dude, and soon a girl is going to see that. But you have other opportunities right in front of you, like winning the crown, getting your own cooking show, and even branching out into the entertainment business. You will find love. Maybe you just have to wait a bit longer."

Awkward steamed from the veins surrounding my heart as Wesley stroked my cheek, a bit too tenderly than I would've preferred. "I really hate Ambrose right now."