Dancing with A Stranger

"I'm not sure the cupcakes pop out with Kylie Jenner's cutout in front of it

"I'm not sure the cupcakes pop out with Kylie Jenner's cutout in front of it. Maybe we should move to the other side so the cutout has its own area," Davina suggested to the stage crews.

As stated in my job description, I had to follow Davina around all night, since Kylie chose specifically for her to compose a cupcake display. The buttercream colors varied the different lipsticks cosmetics from Kylie. They were adorned with lipsticks, her icon logo, dip effect, and many others.

The interior was nothing short of mesmerizing. Everything was modern and decorated with mirrors, glass, and flashing lights that kept changing colors. There were two levels, an upper and a lower, with hues of nudes and pinks complementing each other, which set a calm ambiance.

"Plus, Kylie looks like she's pointing at the cupcakes, so it will draw immediate attention to them," Milo countered.

Turning the stage crew out, I subtly craned my neck, my gaze flickering towards Davina who's fervently moving the display. Today her long, brown-blueish hair was in a braid with several loose strands framing her heart-shaped face, her nose scrunched in concentration, her teeth biting into her plump bottom lip.

I narrowed my eyes as Max (Davina's famous gym instructor) shifted closer to Davina, his lips touching her ear, and he whispered something in her ears. Immediately, she swatted him away, rolling her eyes. I suppressed a laugh.

As I sensed my lingering stares, her turquoise eyes snapped up to meet mine and the faintest shade of pink captured her cheeks as she smiled at me, like we were friends. Shit. I whipped my head away, forcing myself to pretend I was using my phone the entire time.

It didn't last too long before I was staring at her again.

A swarm of jittery moths erupted in my stomach as I got lost in how incredible Davina looked tonight. She modeled a simple, backless satin gown with spaghetti sleeves and a scoop neckline. The dress clung to her body, hugging all her curves, and had a silt down the side, reaching her mid-thigh.

I don't know what it was about tonight, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

"What do you think darling?" Davina asked, pulling me out of my hazed state.

My cheeks grew as red as tomatoes. "About what?"

"About the display," she stated mindlessly.

I blinked. "Umm... I think Davina is right."

Davina smirked and gave me a thumbs up for my answer. I shook my head, returning my attention back to Instagram and scrolling through my feed. Today must've been a boring Saturday for everyone since there wasn't new content. My finger refreshed the timeline to see Lana's account glowing with a green circle around it.

A smile curled on my face as the photo loaded, showing Lana in her gym tracksuit modeling in the mirror. Somehow, only Lana could look sweaty while also walking around like a goddess. Instantly, I scrolled up and sent a quick message to my soothing sunshine.