Enemies, Lovers and Lana?

Today, every contestant had to wake up at seven in the morning sharp and our schedules were full until midnight

Today, every contestant had to wake up at seven in the morning sharp and our schedules were full until midnight. After a week of recording introduction videos and brief clips for the channel to use as their commercials, we were officially taping the first episode today. In the span of a week, my following has grown tremendously and had a significant amount of admirers.

The top three contestants with the most followers were Davina (of course), Wesley, and I was proudly standing in third. The amount of fans I had didn't really matter to me or get to my head, but I also didn't want to be the first person eliminated from the show. Although there are so many rules from the production team that it got extremely invasive at times.

My personal make-up artist spent thirty minutes padding my face with all different types of products I wouldn't be able to tell. I played a random car game on my phone as I waited for the producer to call us into the studio.

"Elton has called everyone to the stage," Jennie said, whispering something over her mic connected to her chest.

"Alright," I responded, tapping on the microphone latched onto my shirt.

My eyes widened at how different the studio looked tonight. Steel kitchen equipment was constructed all around the area. There were fifthteen separate kitchens, so each of us had our own ones to cook out of. Behind the countertops were metal drawers and refrigerators stocked with every single ingredient I could think of.

There was a main island granite table constructed around the middle of the room, which would be the area where the judges would discuss our food. Suddenly, my anxiety levels picked up a notch when I saw all the cameras. It truly seemed like a single mistake made tonight would have us sent packing.

"Alright everyone, there are decorated aprons for every one of you. We had the fans pick out your aprons, so I hope you guys aren't disappointed," Elton explained, pointing over to the back of the room where the brown coat-hanger stood.

After putting on my black apron decorated with rockets on it, my eyes landed on a fellow someone. Bile rose in my throat when I thought of that traumatic evening a few days ago. I blamed myself for not stopping her before it got that far. I shuddered at the memory and pushed it at the back of my head. I refused to accept that day happened, and that was why I never told Wesley about it.

Weasley has been MIA the past week, and I was left alone to play on our PlayStation. He wasn't the only friend ignoring me. Catalina, Meadow, and Lana were all too busy to even send a daily text. To no one's surprise, Lana broke her promise about face-timing every day, but she had a valid excuse.

However, I still missed the sound of her voice and the way her eyes sparkle whenever she smiled. Our first live taping isn't until next month, so I had no way of seeing the girl of my dreams unless it was virtual. I really needed her positive attitude to get through this round today.