Right Or Left?

I made my ultimate decision

Yesterday, I phoned my lawyer and agreed to use my remaining money to pay off the paparazzi. My dream restaurant might've been placed on hold, but I had an entire lifetime to achieve that. The only dream that truly mattered was my future with Davina, and if I had to go to prison, it would only pull us apart.

I asked Mr. Hart for my job back since in a few months, I wouldn't have enough to afford my living situation. Milo really fucked me over, but I never backed down without a fight. Twenty years from now, I'm going to have the biggest restaurant in the state, and Milo would've nothing but wonderful things to say about it.

My body was drenched in sweat as I tore off wooden planks and chipped wallpaper. Since I couldn't afford to pay employees to demolish everything, I had to go ahead and do it myself. At the end of the day, it would make me appreciate my restaurant more since my blood, sweat, and tears went into it. It might take twenty, thirty, maybe forty years to finish, but I will make my dream a reality.

It's one of the few things I'm good at.

The bell jingled as the door opened, letting in a swift breeze that felt like a relief against my steamed skin. My eyes quickly glanced over to find my sexy goddess of a fiance walking in a black and white knitted set and a beige turtleneck underneath. The only bare skin was her gorgeous, delicious thighs coordinated with high knee boots.

"It's fucking hot in here!" Davina complained, dropping her Chanel purse on the ground.

"Maybe you should get rid of some layers," I teased, slipping my hands to her waist, right above her ass.

Davina smirked. "You like that, wouldn't you?"

"I would love it more if we weren't in my restaurant in front of the full-scale windows where anyone in a twenty-meter radius could see us," I said, placing a quick peck on her forehead before returning to my demolishment.

Her eyebrows pinched together. "Why are you ripping the restaurant apart again?"

"Because I don't think red and black tiles would create the homely feel I'm going for," I responded with a 'duh' tone.

She rolled her eyes. "Smartass. That wasn't what I meant. I meant why don't you hire people to help you?"

My eyes widened a fraction. "My money is still tied up for the time being, so I'm putting in the groundwork for whenever I'm able to hire staff."

"Well, don't work too hard! I want to celebrate tonight after my big win!" Davina wiggled her brows as a pearly white grin snuck on her lips.

"Don't worry. You're my personal charging station." I dusted my dirty palms on my pants and roamed toward Davina like a magnetic. My arms stretched around her waist as I sank my head into the crook of her neck. "I'm feeling recharged already."