Brain Scattered

Rumors about Davbrose intensified the second our contract was signed

Rumors about Davbrose intensified the second our contract was signed. An ongoing wildfire was on the horizon with the constant little photos of Davina wearing my accessories. Every new picture fueled the fire. Fans were in an uproar upon hearing their new EyeCandy has been claimed by a washed-up celebrity.

Davina's supporters applauded her for finding someone who seemed genuine and sweet. If only they knew everything between us was a complete and total lie. From their standpoint, I contained the qualities she lacked in her relationships in the past.

But what did they know?

Things were always a different story behind the shades.

Tension between Wesley and me was on the horizon. He must've known about the rumors circulating and wasn't thrilled about it. Who knew how everything would change the moment our relationship goes public. I risked my friendship with Wesley in order to make Lana jealous and finally gain a chance with her.

I just fucking hope it's worth it.

"Bro, I wrecked you at Ninja masters. I'm starting to think you're losing your edge," Wesley smirked.

"That's because all you do is play that game. I'm actually trying to get a girlfriend," I playfully retorted.

"Yeah, with a taken woman. I never knew you as a home-wrecker," Wesely mocked, hitting the back of my head.

"I haven't done anything morally wrong besides admiring her from afar," I responded. "God, this better not be another twelve-hour shooting day."

Wesely raised his eyebrow. "Hanging out with Lana tonight?"

A smile rivaling the sunshine emerged on my face. "Hopefully. But the looks of it... I doubt it."

For two hours, everyone was sealed in their dressing rooms while the crew worked on the set. The walls changed from their muted colors to a multi-colored, toned frenzy. Instead of twelve workstations, they had four gigantic ones with multiple food items stocked on the countertops. The island remained a navy-colored granite with three keycards laying downwards on it.

"Today, we decided for our special Halloween episode to separate everyone into groups of three. Everyone in the group will have their own job, the dessert, the main course, and the drink. The groups are free to decide the positions and the losing team will have to suffer through another round to pick the eliminated contestant," Elton explained, his voice vibrating through his air horn.

Once the twenty-minute timer went off, everyone stormed through the kitchen like a swarm of animals. On the first table, I checked Wesley's card laid there, and I frowned deeply when mine wasn't there. Two tables go by and my cue card wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Then I peeked at the very last table.

The Spawn of Satan was twirling her fingers, smiling as if her prayers were answered. I should've known the producers placed us in the same group to build suspense on our romance. I guess this was another experiment on how long I could last before chopping her head off.