𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟔

authors note!

this chapter contains mentions (and use) of firearms.

i am not, by any means, glorifying guns. to reiterate, cami is not a reliable narrator, so her ways of thinking are not ones that should be taken literally. guns or any weapons do not equate to power, so please don't take her descriptions as truth.

bare this in mind as you read & hope you enjoy <3

— nina

CHAPTER FORTY SIX bonnie & clyde, vol

CHAPTER FORTY SIX
bonnie & clyde, vol. 2

❊ ❊ ❊

TO PUT IT simply, there was no going back now.

I wasn't even completely aware of what Rafe needed me to do with him, but his attitude surrounding that 'something' was beginning to scare me more than the thought of the action itself. Differing how he disregarded my affection nearly an hour ago, he'd now started almost suffocating me with the acts, as if he needed to cram in all the reassurance for his feelings towards me at once.

He didn't need to do anything, not to me at least. His constant repetition of the phrase 'we need to do something' drilled the idea into my head, but I don't think it was clear to him that I wasn't demanding stuff from him on my part. It was my agreement; I vowed to do whatever he needed me to. I was the one who willingly gave myself to him, and I didn't need him to feel obliged to reciprocate any of that.

The hem of my yellow tee rolled between my fingertips, the lack of substance in my system leaving me with overwhelming awareness of everything around me. Every small sound seemed that much louder, and every thread on my body seemed to be out to strangle me. If the anticipation for Rafe's appearance wasn't killing me enough, the world around me was bound to swallow me whole soon.

"Why are you taking so long?" I shouted, leaning back against the wall connected to the house's front door.

"I can't find any fucking coke." he responded with equally loud volume, accompanied with a clear sense of anger.

"That's 'cause we finished it." I confirmed, "We're not in a rush, I'm sure Barry has something lying around."

He walked into the front room seconds after my words, silently heading towards me and eventually taking my face into his hands. Despite my attempt to avert my gaze away from him, Rafe kept me in position, looking into my eyes like I'd been so used to doing to him. As the blank expression failed to leave my lips, the worry I was feeling was starting to progress onto him.

"I'm sorry. I'm not gonna let you get hurt, okay?" he spoke softly, "We're just gonna scare them, I won't let anything bad happen to you."

"Rafe, you can't promise that." I countered his reassurance, too clouded by my own fear to appreciate his apology. "I don't even know what you're planning to do."