𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR crimson gowns & crimson noses

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
crimson gowns & crimson noses

❊ ❊ ❊

KIE STARED AT me and Noah emptily. Her mouth was slightly hung open, both from shock and disgust. I bit my bottom lip as the 3 of us stood in silence, waiting for what the girl had to say.

"No. Cami wouldn't— you wouldn't go out with a Kook, right?" she stuttered.

"I'll explain later. I promise it's not how it looks." I reached out for her hand, only for her to move away.

"You better have a damn good reason."

The boy pulled me away once Kiara turned her back, his fingers digging into my skin. My chest started to warm up with the hatred I felt for him, knowing I only had so much composure left in me before I broke loose.

"What is your problem?" I shouted, seeing that I was being led into the country club's locker room.

"No, the hell is yours?" he spun me around, his face towering over mine. "We have a deal, or would you rather run back to your Pogue friends and tell them who you're really with?"

"You're a psycho."

"Thank you, I try." he dug his nails into my skin again.

"Can you not let me speak to anyone else? Surely you don't want to be glued to someone like me for the whole night?"

"Fine. Go talk to whoever the fuck you want." he spat. "Just know that I can take you for myself whenever I feel like it, so make the most of your time."

"Touch me again and I swear to fuck I will cut your dick off and shove it down your throat." I inched closer to his face, ripping myself from his grip.

I scoffed as Noah walked away from the locker room, leaving me alone for the first time this entire party. My hands moved through my hair, tidying my appearance before I moved to the main part of the club.

Stumbling around the various wooden tables, I eventually reached the bar in one piece. The only stool that was left was surrounded by old men; not an ideal seat, but thankfully it was far away from Noah.

"How can I help you today, miss?" a voice came from across the bar, the familiarity slightly confusing me.

"I'll take a— JJ?" I looked up to see the blonde boy suited up, his scheming grin plastered on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"Shh." he placed a finger over his lips, his secrecy not being of any surprise to me.

"Okay..." I raised my eyebrows, nodding despite my hesitation. "I'll take a vodka soda."

"Without the soda?"

"You know me so well." I laughed. "Put that on Noah Cameron's tab."

He glanced up at me with his head tilted, something I noticed he would do when anyone other than him had a devious plan. I was quick to notice the variety of bruises scattered across his skin, confirming that things had been equally crazy for the Pogues as they were for me.