𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟑

CHAPTER FORTY THREE made for each other(contains smut)

CHAPTER FORTY THREE
made for each other
(contains smut)

❊ ❊ ❊

FOR SOMEONE WHO'D struggled to be happy for so many years, I'd never once thought I could be as happy as I was now.

Holding onto Rafe whilst he voiced his question felt like a thousand flames had ignited in my chest. The 8 spoken words widened my already-present grin, leaving behind an ache in my cheeks. I looked down into his eyes and saw every hint of anticipation in them, only helping reassure my answer that much more.

In that very moment, I seemed to forget any worry I had when it came to commitment. It wasn't something I was particularly familiar with, but neither was he, and I'd learnt over the past month that familiarity was far worse.

Restarting my life with him would've been an everlasting daydream, and better to start dreaming now than later.

"Say something, don't just look at me like that." he pleaded, the waiting having obviously started to affect him.

"Do I need to?" I pushed the wet strands of hair away from his face, "you know the answer."

"I want to hear you say it, please." his fingers travelled along the path of my spine, tickling me unintentionally.

"You're tickling me."

"I don't care," he laughed, "answer my question."

My hands remained cupped around his cheeks, gently brushing away any obstruction to his features. His defeated smile made my adoration grow further, leaving only a few silent seconds until I responded exactly how he intended me to.

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend."

I couldn't even finish my sentence before Rafe pulled us both underwater. Saltwater flooded my mouth as the waves took over our bodies, his actions not allowing a single warning thought to graze my mind. My hands guided his lips onto mine, wasting the last of any air in my lungs on him.

The surrounding water was quickly replaced with the evening air once we returned to the ocean's surface, catching the breaths that we struggled to preserve in the change of setting. The boy's teeth flashed with his beaming smile; a change to the nervous expression he inhabited just minutes ago.

I was so effortlessly happy, and it seemed he was too.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your smile?" he looked up at me with the same dilated pupils that had me falling for him every time.

"No, you haven't. Have I ever told you how much I love your eyes?"

"You haven't." he attempted to move his face away, only to be held back with my palms.

"Don't move away, I wanna look at you." I pleaded whilst using my fingertips to continue tracing his features.

His face sank into a soft smile, "You're always staring at me, creeper."