𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟏

CHAPTER FORTY ONE bonnie & clyde, vol

CHAPTER FORTY ONE
bonnie & clyde, vol. 1

❊ ❊ ❊

MY EYELASHES BATTED blankly as I built up the tough exterior from my waitressing days, dusting off the book of rules that had been buried deep in my mind since I got fired. With losing my job came the thought that I wouldn't have to face Topper and Kelce for any days to come, and my assumptions were proven wrong like always.

Contrasting his previous reassurance that 'we couldn't be seen together', Rafe's hold on my hand was tighter than ever, staring back at his friends with a concerned look that opposed mine. Where I was once scared for their reactions, the feeling was replaced with anticipation, igniting the part of me that loved a good argument.

"So, you two are a thing now? Or is he just wine and dining you before he taps that ass?" Topper stared at our connected hands, his eyes widening once he made contact with the ring on mine.

"Top, watch your fucking mouth." Rafe replied calmly, his words not matching his tone.

I bit away any sign of a smile that painted across my face, trying my hardest to keep composure whilst the boy's expression turned sour. To a third person's perspective, it was easy to see how Rafe and I were an uncommon pairing. However, considering how familiar I was with all three of the Kooks, it seemed to come as more of a shock to them than to anyone else.

"Never thought the day would come when you'd become Foxy's bitch." Kelce's comments made up for his best friend's silence.

"I have a name, Kelce. Don't feel the need to repeat it 'cause you obviously know, but Rafe could do the honours, right? Little reminder of earlier for memory's sake." my grin was hidden by my lips wrapping around the lemonade straw.

"Cami, let me handle this." Rafe looked at me with an underlying glare, obviously not thrilled at how I chose to go about the reunion.

"Nah, let her speak." Topper voiced after being mute for the past minutes. "Show us what else your mouth is good for."

From just the touch I had on his skin, I could feel the anger start to rise in Rafe. It was known by almost the entire island that the Cameron boy was not somebody you'd want to cross the wrong side of, and I'd experienced first hand accounts times before. His suppressing of the emotion took the form of a wordless scowl, permitting me to continue with my choice of expression.

"Be careful, I might bite. Don't think there's enough down there anyway."

"I'd be happy to prove you wrong. What d'you say, Rafe, willing to let us take a turn with your girl?" Kelce placed his hands on my shoulders- an immediate green light for Rafe's calm facade to crack.

He shot up from the chair he once sat in, his sharp movements all blurring together before he landed his first punch into the centre of Kelce's face, causing his hands to retreat from me in an instant. Possessed by his anger, he didn't seem to pause the impact of his tensed fist for a split second- regardless of how much the third Kook boy was attempting to pull him away.