Chapter. 23

"Hello, my name is Xavier," Xavier then pointed to Kalen, "and this is my friend Kalen," Xavier said, greeting Charlotte.

"What brings you, kids, here?" Charlotte asked, "and I'm Charlotte," She greeted back.

"We figured that much, we're here for answers, may we come in?" Kalen asked.

"Sure."

They both came inside and took their shoes off at the entrance, Charlotte then guided them to the living room to talk about their intentions and reasons as to why they came all this way.

"So we heard y'all are the last two who survived out of the initial eight," Xavier said as he brought out his computer to take notes.

"Wow, straight to the point," Charlotte said. "Yes, me and Amber."

"And where is Amber now?" Xavier asked.

"Here of course," She responded.

"May we talk to her? We have a few questions."

"I'm sure whatever it is I can answer; also why are y'all interrogating us like y'all are in some secret organization? You're both in high school." Charlotte asked as she began to become suspicious.

"Alright ma'am, we're not doubting your capabilities, I'm sure you can answer any question we have for you, but this is a personal matter, so please, respect privacy," Kalen said as he budded in the conversation.

"That's very ironic coming from y'all," Charlotte said with skepticism in her tone.

"Look ma'am, there's no need to be a fuckface, we're not here to start trouble, just looking for answers, no need to make this harder than what it has to be," Kalen said as he then noticed Amber enter the room.

"I got this Charlotte," Amber said as she gave a glance at Kalen and Xavier, "go keep an eye out on our 'guest' she's getting bored of me," Amber added on.

"Alright," Charlotte responded, she then got up from her seat and left the room then Amber sat in her seat.

Charlotte heads downstairs into the basement and notices Kuchisake playing with her long brunette hair twirling it around in her fingers.

"You know I could save y'all the trouble; and answer all the questions they have for all, but that's not very mephistophelian of me, now is it?" Kuchisake Onna asked as she then switched her position in her cocoon-like ball she's into criss-cross applesauce.

"What do you know?" Charlotte asked as she is now intrigued by Kuchisaki's proposition.

"The real question is, what don't I know?" Kuchisaki asked with her supercilious orientation.

"You think this is some kind of joke?" Charlotte questioned as she began to become frustrated with her bullshit.

"How rude of me, I dare not to make such a mockery of such an important thing," Kuchisaki Onna said.

"Can you just answer the questions they have?" Charlotte asked.

"Alright fine, I'll answer with no treacherous attempts, how's that for being malevolent." Kuchisake Onna said, "Misconceptions, you gotta love them; the collective consciousness gives a misleading concept around my name, I'm honestly not half bad." She added on.

"You crash-landed on earth and viciously murdered my friends; that's pretty detrimental and calamitous if you ask me," Charlotte said.

"In my defense, y'all decided to do the whole more the merry thing, how did that work out for you? Also, I was just serving my Mother, you know playing my part in the grand scheme of things, this is beyond you and me little human, hell it's beyond your entire universe, literally." Kuchisake Onna said.