Chapter. 30

The next morning I woke up around six-thirty o'clock in the morning, I brushed my teeth and then took a quick shower to freshen up for the day, the hot steamy water running down my face and body washing all the soap off too.

After thirty minutes of showering, I got out grabbed my towel off the toilet seat and walked out of the restroom with the foggy mirrors I quickly felt the shift in the temperature difference as soon as I took a step out of the restroom it was much colder, my legs began to shiver and then I took a seat on my bed drying off.

I put on some Jordan retro 4 shimmers with the Jordan shimmer match hoodie and black sweatpants, I put on deodorant and chapstick and my mom did my hair, she crowns braided it then made breakfast.

"What time do you have to be at school Jordan?" My mom asked me.

"Seven-thirty," I responded as I made Reese's Puffs cereal which is my favorite cereal followed by Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

"Alright don't be late, I got mail today saying that if you miss another week of school you'll get truancy." My mom said as she took notice I was eating breakfast without her reminding me to eat today, and she had this look of pride on her face and didn't want to mention it to me because she felt it would be killing the moment, and this is the last month of the senior year until I graduate and my mom couldn't wait.

After I finished eating my breakfast which was two bowls of cereal I opened the door, reached my arm outside, and felt the weather was chilly but I had a hoodie so I figured I'd be fine.

"It's cold today, forty-two degrees Fahrenheit," Jacqueline said, which is my mothers' name.

"I'm fine, thanks though," I said as I opened the front door and walked outside but was stopped by my mother who said, "Wait, gimme a hug."

I walked back inside and hugged her, she told me "Have a good day mommy's little man, we'll open presents once everyone gets home." Jacqueline said as we broke the hug and I walked out the door.

"Alright bye love you," I told her as I closed the door and began walking to the bus stop.

"Love you too," she told me as she watched me walk down the street then after she lost sight of me she walked back into the house and made sure my other fellow siblings made it to school.

I put on my headphones and began listening to Chris Brown- Don't Judge Me.

The walk doesn't take long, only about 15 minutes so I got to listen to about four songs, the first song went off and I turned on Adele Rolling in the deep, and I was singing along with the song in my head.

The next song that I put on was Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey, which is in my top 5 all-time favorite songs, then the last song I put on was No Love by Eminem, which I ended up at my bus stop after the song finished and took out my headphones and put them in my pocket.

The bus pulls up and I got on the bus driven told me good morning and I told him good morning back as I walked past him sitting in the front of the bus on the right aisle next to the window with my feet in my seat, so people get the indication that I don't want anybody sitting next to me.

Nobody did end up sitting in my seat as we picked up everyone on our way to school at their bus stops because I genuinely don't like dealing with people early in the morning, especially the people who have morning breath and didn't freshen up for whatever the reason was.

I got to school and the lunchroom was fairly packed, which is reasonable, everyone wants breakfast before they head to class for the day, I don't like being in the lunchroom though, triggers my anxiety, so I just go to the library and draw or watch TikTok or even just relax and listen to music.