𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Y/N'S POV:

I look out the window to see it starting to darken and stars peaking through the sky, turning to the clock and it read 5:45 pm. It had been a a while since I got home and I tried to preoccupy myself with simple tasks to take my mind off of Wilbur.

Since this morning I couldn't get my mind off him, they way my heart beat when he smiled at me. It made me feel fuzzy inside, I hadn't felt that way before and it confused me. I mean, Dream had made me feel safe but it wasn't like Wilbur.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and closed the curtains on the windows, tonight it was my turn to make dinner for Dream and I. I decided to cook a chicken from our tiny farm and use half of it for our dinner, along with roasted potatoes and greens from the garden.

It looked good and I was putting it on the table when a click sound came from the entrance, footsteps can be heard on the floor as they make their way over to the dining room.

"Something smells good." Dream calls from the kitchen and eventually making his way into the dining room. I turn around and smile at his compliment, he takes his bag off and places it on a seat while placing his hands on the back of his chair.

He looks over the food placed in front of him and smiles. "You did a good job."

He looks tired today, his eyes aren't as bright and his hair is a mess. Not to mention his clothes are more dirty than usual. I look him up and down before tilting my head slightly to the right.

"You look rough, not a good day?" He chuckled dryly and looked away for a few seconds before turning his attention back to me.

"Yeah, not the best. I'm getting really stressed about the L'manberg thing." He rolls his eyes when he mentioned the new country, I frown and straighten my head.

"What happened?" Even if I knew he wanted to hurt the people I would now call somewhat friends, I couldn't help but feel worried for him. Sure he could take care of himself physically but his mental strain I wasn't sure about.

He shook his head "They are getting more cocky with everyday, I can't make a move yet because I don't have the numbers. Hopefully Sapnap and George can get back to me but they are just so aggravating." The last word in his rant was filled with such hostility, he was close to his boiling point already. By now it was clear to me he wanted them gone, but what measures would he go to to make that happen?

He pulled out his chair and sat down clearly done with the conversation, I copied his actions to not get in trouble for pushing any further.

He began with another topic, "How was your day Y/N?" He flicked his eyes up to me and back down to his food and bringing his fork up to his mouth.

"It was good, pretty quiet." I said nonchalantly, I decided it was best not to mention anything about the city as it could bring up an argument.

He continued, "What did you do?" He inquired. I looked up to make eye contact and took a sip of my drink before answering.

"Well you know, I explored the forest again and wondered for a bit. Didn't see much so I headed back home and sat in the garden." Due to the events that were occurring recently, I had taught myself to lie. So far it had worked but I wasn't sure how long I could keep it up, Dream always had a way to find out the truth.

He hummed in response and continued eating, the rest of the dinner was quite peaceful actually. I had done my best to get rid of any tension by blabbing about any little thing I could think of, flowers, cooking, books, anything that dissolved the heavy atmosphere. Dream didn't seem to mind and he also told me about little things he had done today.

The rest of the evening was filled with small conversations and laughing, his classic wheeze coming through a few times which lifted both our moods. Within a few hours I had decided to go to bed and call it a day, Dream said goodnight to me and I was off. As soon as I hit my pillow I was out like a light, I hadn't noticed how tired I was until now.