𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Y/N'S POV:

I wake up to see the beige morning sun rays beam through my bedroom window, letting me know that it's time to wake up. I sit up slowly and rub the sleep from my eyes, the candle from last night is still burning, leaving that sweet aroma of my favourite scent. Realisation sets in because today is the day I'm going on patrol with Dream! Excitement fuels my veins and helps me get up quickly, gathering my things to go on patrol.

I bring a small satchel with my essentials, a small knife (given to me by Dream) it had detailed carving in the handle and in the dark it would shine a purple glow. Packing bandages as well just in case, healing potions and a compass to locate my way back home if we get separated. I slip into my dress and put my shoes on, everything was perfect! I grabbed my bag and quickly blew out the candle, then I ran down stairs to the kitchen. Some fruit and a quarter of a bread loaf was sitting on the countertop. Dream must have left it out for me, awh.

As I head to the door where Dream would be waiting, I swipe the key for the house, walk out the door, lock it and put it around my neck as I walk over to Dream who was standing a few feet away from me. He was ready to go on patrol with his own gear, I skipped over to him and stopped just in front of where he was.

"You look nice there y/n, dressed for the occasion?" He chuckled. I softly scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest playfully, his mocking of my excitement was common. These childish actions made him laugh more, "You know I wasn't being sarcastic this time, come on." He said and gestured me to follow where he was heading, I followed suit and we started walking, eating breakfast talking, until he told me where he wanted to go.

"Now, the place I've been watching recently is a, uh, drug van." He slowly said, must have sounded as ridiculous as he though it was. "A what?" I responded. "I know, sounds stupid. Anyway, this drug van has had some suspicious behaviour going on and I wanted to see what was really happening," He stated his suspicions on this van, waiting for my opinion on it as well. "Well, if  you are suspicious of it and it's your country, as well as if they have nothing to hide, then why not?" The reasoning sounded reasonable to me and this was Dream speaking so, the leader of this country so I agree.

We made our way down past a couple trees and I see a distant yellow and black wall, wasn't to high so it must have been a work in progress. Dream said it was just a drug van when he last saw it, looks like it's more than that.

"Hey Dream, is that where your taking us?" I point to the wall I saw and Dream's eyes follow where I'm pointing. His eyes widen a bit and he pulls his mask down seeming frustrated about it. "They must have done more work while I wasn't here, dammit." He stops in his tracks thinking and staring hard at the walls. He looked to be having internal conflict, but he finally spoke with a grunt, "Yes that is where we are going, follow close to me y/n." He cursed in the direction of the wall and began walking to it, I followed like he asked.

As we got closer I saw how big the wall was, it wasn't too long but long enough to recognise that it was a medium sized place it was bordering. The closer we got, I could here mumbling of people talking. I don't recognise the voices, I wonder who are they? Maybe Dream knows. Before I could ask he leaps up onto a bush and stays for a second to make sure no one heard him. Then he reaches his hands out for me to grab helping me up to where he was standing, it was positioned so we could see the overview of this bordered off place.

I take a careful peep over the tree/bush we where in and saw three people gathered in a triangle talking. "Dream, who are they?" I question, he turns and looks at the people getting stares back at them. Shit, they noticed us.

A/n : Thank you for the 14 reads and 8 votes! I'm happy people are finding the story and actually reading it! 🥺 <3