𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Y/N'S POV:

Dream is gone most of the time being occupied with somebody called Tommy. Apparently this Tommy kid is a troublemaker and had something Dream needed, so that's why he was gone so often. I asked if I would ever be able to see him because matching a name to a face was always something I had done but was shut down immediately, he said that 'I don't want you to be influenced by him'. He also told me about some others but he didn't say much about them.

I didn't mind very much, from what Dream had briefly mentioned about them,  they weren't very nice people so I just did as Dream asked me too. When he was away I had to stay in the house, just in case Tommy or his friends were following Dream on his way back which he said could happen.

I sometimes got bored at the house but always easily found something to do, I could probably entertain myself with anything I could find. It didn't matter if it was farming, planting flowers in pots, reading books or even writing short stories, I could occupy my mind for a few hours until Dream got back so I could talk to him. My favourite past time is reading the many books Dream gets for me.

The library was originally empty so Dream decided to bring me books to fill the shelves. The books were old looking and had a variety of topics ranging from Shakespeare to History to Greek Mythology, it was wonderful, I asked where he got them and he said he bought them from merchants that came by every so often.

2 hours later

I was finishing up a book about Myths by H.P Lovecraft when a knock at the door brought me out of my fixation and led me to another room, I got up from the chair I was sitting in and made my way to the door. Checking through the peep hole before I opened it (Dream told me was essential) and saw a round white smiley face staring back at me, I opened the door and greeted Dream with a smile.

"Welcome back Dream, how was patrol today?" I asked him as he came through the door, taking off his shoes and placing them at the foot of the hallway.

"Good, ran into Tommy a few times but nothing to big happened with him. How was your stay?" He moved his mask to the top of his head, showing his freckles speckled across his face.

"The usual, I finally finished that book from last time, it was full of myths. Do you know of any myths here?" I chuckled as he laughed with me,

"Not that I'm aware of, maybe I can go looking around for some, I'm sure Sapnap would come up with one." His small smile spread into a grin as he talked about his friend. He began walking into the next room with me trailing behind him. He always described me as a little duck following its parent when I was around him and I can't help but agree with a smile.

We enter the next room and sit at the small round table placed in the corner of the library room, siting down on one of the chairs.

He took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly, he found my eyes and looked serious, I wonder what he's thinking.

"Y/n, you know how I go on patrol everyday and you stay here reading?" His question had an obvious answer but a mystery intent. What is he getting at? I hum as a response and wait for his answer. "Well, I think it's time for you to get out of the house a bit and get some sun."
I listen intently, He continued, "I want you to come with me on patrol."

It took a second to process what he had actually said, but when I finally understood I couldn't contain my excitement.

"REALLY?! I CAN GO WITH YOU?" I squealed in excitement, he looked pleased with my reaction and chuckled, "Someone seems excited!"

"Are you kidding, of course I'm excited!! I get to explore the country!" I stated with pure joy in my tone.

"Woah, woah, woah there, okay let's tone it down a notch." He said chuckling, "You can explore but, I'll have to be there every step okay? As well as if I tell you not to go somewhere, you can't." He laid down the ground rules to no objection from me.

"Got it! Still, I'm so pumped!" I exclaim. He watches me as I jump up and down across the small room.

DREAM'S POV:

I watch her as she jumps up and down over and over covering quite a distance, the news of letting her come with me out for patrol went well, of course I had no doubt it wouldn't. She had asked me multiple times to come on patrol with me but I denied her request until the right time came. I cant let her roam on her own yet, moving slowly will be better in this circumstance.

"Alright, so the plan is for you to come with me tomorrow to go investigate a situation I have been keeping tabs on for a few days." I stand up from my seat and tuck the chair back under the table. This scout will only last maybe an hour and I'll keep us at a distance for now to not get too close to them. She nods and runs out of the room, it sounded like she got maybe 20 steps away then came running back to yell thank you before going and packing her things for tomorrow.

Her dependence on my approval is growing stronger with every day, things are going quite smoothly for me.