Sam & Zayn - Ruined Surprises With Mr. Wishee-Washee

You checked your phone for what seemed like the zillionth time in the last two hours. You couldn't help but wonder what was up with your boyfriend.

     "Sam!" My friend Jamie yelled my name, catching my attention.

    "Hmm..?" I said as I looked up at her, sliding my phone back into my pocket, but not before checking it one more time.

     She gave me a serious look. "What's wrong with you?" She asked. "You've been out of it all day. I mean, you didn't even buy anything from the flippin' candy store!"

      I looked around the food court, looking at all the happy couples sitting at the tables around the one we occupied. I sighed. "It's just that Zayn has barely talked to me in the past two weeks. Jamie, I think he's hiding something from me."

     She sat up straight in her seat. "Sam, you don't know that."

     "Well, there's no other explanation, now is there?" I said sarcastically.

     "All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions, that's the quickest way to lose somebody." She said, taking another sip of her Starbucks coffee.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Zayn and I were cuddled on the couch in my flat under a blanket watching The Hunger Games. This is the first time we've spent time together in the two and a half weeks. He's still been acting wierd all night though.

    He's been texting off an on since he's been here, angling his phone so I can't read the texts, a smile on his face with every text he gets.

     His phone began to vibrate in his pocket. He took it out and looked at the screen. "Hold on babe, I gotta take this." I sat up and he stood up and walked out the door, stepping into the hall.

     I know it's wrong but I creeped over to the door and put my ear up against it, listening to his conversation. "I can't right now. No, I'm with her right now. I wish I could. I'm sorry. No, I won't do that. No! No, I'll see you later. Love you, too." I ran and jumped back on to the couch as Zayn ended the call. I tried not to make myself obvious.

    Zayn came in and sat back down on the couch next to me. He didn't bother even pulling me into his arms like he usually does. He pressed play on the remote, starting the movie where we left off. After a minute or two, I paused the movie again, feeling tears begin to roll down my cheeks.

    "What are you doing babe?" Zayn asked. I looked at him. "Hey, what's wrong?"

    I stood up and looked at him. "Zayn, I want an honest answer.. Are you cheating on me?" I felt more tears come on at the question.

    "What? No!" He stood up and walked towards. I took a step back, hurt crossing his features at my movement. "You do believe me, don't you?"

    "You've barely spoken a word to me in two and a half weeks. You're finally spending time with me but you're acting nothing like yourself!"

     "It doesn't mean I'm cheating on you, Sam!"

    "Secret texts and secret calls sure seem like cheating to me, Zayn!" I looked at his phone in his hand. "Let me see it." I said calmly.

    He sighed and hand me his phone. I hit the redial button, putting it on speaker. "Hello?" A familiar, non-female voice came through the phone.

    "Louis?" I asked.

    "Uh.." He mimicked a chinese mans voice. "No, dis Mr. Wishee-Washee."

    "Louis, I know it's you. And by the way, not your best accent."

    He sighed. "Sam, what did Zayn say?"

    "Lou, Sam thinks I'm cheating on her." Zayn said. I glared at him.

    "Sam, are you stupid?" I looked at the phone shocked.

    "I am n-" Lou cut me off.

    "Zayn would never cheat on you!"

    "Then what's going on, damn it?!" I asked them both, frustrated.

   "We're planning a surprise birthday party for you, okay?" Zayn sighed.

   "Really?" I asked quietly, feeling utterly stupid.

   "Yes." Zayn and Louis said.

   "I'm so sorry." I said, hugging Zayn and plating a long, passionate kiss on his soft lips.

   "It's okay, love." He smiled, hugging me tight and resting his chin on my head. "I guess I was acting a little off, I just wanted to surprise you. But I would never hurt you, ever. I love you too much. And you should know that."

    I sighed. "I know. And I do." I looked up at him. "I love you."

    "I love you, too." Zayn kissed me again.

    "Come on, guys! Hang up before it becomes rated R please!" Lou's voice voice shouted from the phone.

    I hung up the call and handed Zayn back his phone. He put it on the table and sat back down on the couch. He grabbed my hand and oulled me into his lap, pulling the blanket overus and pressing on the remote once again.

    The movie played as we cuddled up together on the couch, eventually falling asleep in each other's arms.