Chapter 12:Brazilian Survival Base

Max said, "So, did he love her?", and my dad nodded and said, "I was the only one who knew before all this happened".

The others looked a little worried about Vanessa's situation and their own. We went on through Mexico and we reached the Panama Canal. Once we got there, they stopped the train. Suddenly over thousands of zombies came in from all directions.

My dad shouted, "We need every men and women with a gun at guard for each and every door, especially this one. Max, tell the idiot to stay with Billy and tell Bethany to come here for help through the walkie".

Everyone ran to the spots and Max, while running, said through the walkie to Bethany, "Bethany! We need you here and tell the idiot to stay there for Billy".

She heard it and told to Daniel, "They say they need help. So, I'm going while you stay here with the nerd", before she kissed him and said, "Stay here till I get back", and went off.

After she left, Daniel, still frozen, said, "I knew it!!!".

Billy said, "Seriously, dude!", and he said, "Yes, man. I have been trying to impress her ever since we were in high school. Today is the miracle day, man".

Billy said, "Whatever. Just lock the door".

All grown-ups were guarding the doors except for Alice and Scarlett Johan who stayed to look after the kids. Alfred said through the walkie, "Alex! There's too many of them. I don't think the walls of the train would hold long, man!", and my dad said, "We need to contact the base for an air strike  through the intercom. Get Maddison to work on it".

Maddison started to talk through the intercom to the base for the air strike but they disagreed. After a lot of arguing about more survivors with us, they agreed. Suddenly, Michael and Thomas who were in the first compartment, came running and shouted, "They broke in! We need to lock the doors!".

As they locked the doors, my dad said, "We could use the air strike now!".

Just as he said it, the sound of firing was heard outside.

Sarah said, "Guess you got your wish, Alex", and Max said, "Yeah, still can't believe they came in time to save us. Wait, won't the bullets hit us by busting through the walls?".

My dad replied, "No, only dents would come. We also need to move out of the train once the firing stops. So, I want all men with guns staying for cover for the others. Now, move to the compartment near the engine".

They started to move to the thirteenth compartment and told Alice to get the kids ready for moving. As the firing stopped, my dad and Max ran out with guns in both hands to cover others when they got out of the train.

Once everyone got out, they ran towards the tunnel connecting to the Brazilian Survival Base. As soon as they got to the tunnel entrance, zombies started coming from everywhere again and my dad, along with other guys with guns, shot at the zombies. While they kept shooting, they backed up along with the others who were unarmed. But the zombies came like water overflowing in a bucket and everyone ran back into the tunnel. Pedro fell back and Sarah went to help him. A zombie got close and Pedro pushed her onto the zombie.

Thomas shouted, "Sarah!!!!", before he shot it down. He went close to her and found out she was bitten, and said slowly, "Sarah". She turned into a zombie and bit him. He held her down and said, "Let's meet in heaven, baby", before he shot her and himself.

Pedro went on running, pushing everyone in his way to the side. He pushed Maddison down and a zombie pounced on her. Michael shot it down and kneeled beside her, crying.

She gave him the pistol and said, "I got bit. Shoot me if you love me", and he said, "No, I can't, but how did you know I love you".

She replied, "I know. Shoot me and promise me, keep living your life", and he said, "I promise you ", before he shot her and ran off to help the others.

Meanwhile, Pedro pushed Carrie down and a zombie came to pounce upon her. Suddenly, a gunshot threw the zombie backwards in the speed it had pounced. It was Billy. He came shouting and firing at the zombies, running in front of others. Still shooting, he gave Carrie a hand, lifting her up with a casual smile on his face and said, "Get going and help the others".

As we were running, I fell down and Alice tried to lift me as the others went through the Base's door.

Suddenly, a zombie came in front of us and it was Pedro. He might have gotten bit when he pushed Maddison. As he came towards us, my dad turned his gun towards him and fired but he was out of ammo. When Pedro came to bite us, my dad ran towards us and put his forearm in Pedro's jaws.

While getting bit, my dad shouted, "Alice! Get Julie out of here!", before tearing off Pedro's upper jaw. We ran to the entrance and went in. The soldiers inside closed the door, pointing their guns at my father, saying, "Get out! You're bitten. You're gonna become one of the infected any moment now", and my dad shouted, "Wait. Wait. Wait! I just need a minute with my daughter! Please!".

He kneeled down to me and said, "Julie, honey pie, I want you to listen really careful. Ok. Daddy wants you to listen", gave me a locket before continuing, "Keep this with you to remember me. Always remember daddy and stay with mommy".

He got up and handed a diary to Alice, saying, "I wrote all the important things that ever happened since all this started. Give this to Julie when she comes to the age of understanding this".

He bent down and told me, "I love you, honey pie. Forever", before he started to run up the staircase connected to the 50-feet wall with full speed. I was able to see that the virus was trying to take over him, tossing him on the walls, and a gun dropped from him. Taking it, he kept going up and climbed on the top of the wall, keeping the gun pointed on the side of his head. I could see him not wanting to do it. He then fell backwards and I shouted, "Daddy, NO!!!!", while Alice held me back as there was a gunshot heard. I kept crying as I looked at my dad's locket before wearing it on my neck.

Max said, "Alex wanted to make sure that no harm should come to Julie no matter what, even if the harm is by him, he would kill himself before he would do it".

I wiped my eyes and said, "I will always love you, dad!".