Chapter 4:What Happened Back Then

After some time, the guy in the group named Alfred Thompson asked Max, "What happened Miss Clayton and that guy and how do they know each other?".

Max replied, "It all started 16 years ago, when me and Alex were in high school, he wasn't the brightest boy in the class but he was very good at fixing and inventing stuff and also was the best fighter in the grade while Alice was just a new kid to the school. She was often bullied.

One day, it was our science expo and it was just ending. Some boys having a grudge on Alex, came in after everyone left and started hitting until he fell unconscious while some other bullies locked Alice in the cupboard of the expo. They both were locked inside the room, you might ask why they didn't see Alex. Those guys threw him under the table. When he woke up, he walked straight up to the door and tried to open it without knowing it was locked and when he went and sat on the table, he heard weeping.

He went to the cupboard and opened it and inside of it Alice was the one weeping. He told her to come out but she was afraid and after a few moments, she came out. Then they started talking. Don't ask me what they talked cause Alex won't tell me. Later they both got out of the room through the ventilation. After that, they often met each other everyday. I didn't know they loved each other until college. Then Alex and I went off to military training after college and when we came back, Alex and I were shocked. It was Alice's marriage but it had finished the day before. We saw only the board with 'Alice weds Bruce' sign on it and asked Lucy Andrews, Alice's best friend, what had happened there. She said, 'Alex, you came late! The marriage had finished yesterday evening and the bridegroom's family took the bride to Malaysia. I'm sorry'. Alex was broken that day. I couldn't see him like that and then he started consuming alcohol and drugs but I wasn't able to stop him. Later, he met Julia but I don't know how, Alex won't tell that too, and his life completely changed by her. He joined in a laboratory as a scientist and guess what he met Alice again and when she saw him with Julia, she started to fight just like in here. That's why I said 'Not again'. It almost took a lot of people just like us to split them up. Later, Julie was born and on her 2nd birthday, this zombie apocalypse started. Then we have been staying here for five years, looking for survivors until we bumped into you guys".

Everyone was in shock after hearing the story. One girl asked, "Did all those things really happen?", and Max nodded.

That night, they built a campfire and everyone introduced themselves.

The guy named Alfred Thompson said, "I'm a guy who's all about sports and mostly told by everyone as a bully", and Max asked, " What were you guys doing out there and 'bully'? So you guys are high-school kids, who were out there for five years".

A girl said, "Hi, I'm Sarah Jones, Thomas's girlfriend----", and the guy, Thomas Vreeke interrupted her, "Seriously, do you have to say you're my girlfriend, baby?", and Sarah replied, "Fine, babe. As I was going to say, we were high-school students. We were given 11 free tickets for a flight to Paris and they had clearly said that the teacher must have 1 ticket. So, Miss Clayton prepared for selecting the other ten students and when we came back and after seeing the current situation, we were trying to find any place where there would be survivors for actually, four years. Finally, after all that we found a place that used to be a burger shop and Daniel took a burger. Even though we insisted him not to eat that cause it might be an old one but he bit it and while he was doing it, zombies started to come in. All of us ran except for him and he ran with high panic later".

Max asked, "So that's why he was having the half bitten burger in his hand", and Sarah nodded.