Itto | Water Droplets

"Itto! Don't you dare think about doing it."

"Whaat? I'm not gonna hurt them, geez! Whaddya take me for, huh? A big and evil Oni?"

"What's in your hands, then?"

"I have nothing in my hands. Nada."

"Proof?"

"Oh, come on! Don't you trust me?"

Heaving a jaded sigh, you open his closed fists with ease and (not) to your surprise, two Onikabuto beetles are present.

"Itto, what is this?" You raise a brow and cross your arms, waiting for his usual excuses.

"Woah, woah! Before you accuse me, you gotta listen." He raises his hands up defensively and clears his throat. "They went into my hands out of their own will. No, seriously. I'm not making this stuff up."

"You used that excuse two days ago," you point out.

"You're obviously remembering wrong, and because of your awful memory, you're now wrongly accusing me of committing a crime I didn't commit."

"Yeeaah..." you reply as you put the two beetles back into their habitat.

He pouts, putting his hands against the glass surface. You eye him suspiciously, as to which he shifts his attention to the sundry of potted plants nearby. It's obvious he's trying to not make his real intentions known.

Your friend's immense love for Onikabuto battles is a hobby of his that you can't bear simply because you're an Onikabuto lover. From time to time again, he'll attempt to come up with "convincing" points to make you consider trying out such a battle, but of course, you've promptly denied him every single time.

There's no way you'll ever put your little friends through something like that.

On top of trying to convince you, he also tries to steal the beetles when you're not looking. An easy solution to the attempted bugnapping is to not let the Oni come over to your place anymore, but you definitely can't do that. You'll never admit it to his smirking face, but his constant presence always makes you feel comforted and happy. He means a lot to you, more than he'll ever know.

"Hey, hey. There's no way you're mad at me, right?" Itto pokes your cheek three times. "I would never ever bugnap your babies, y'know that... riiight?"

His sudden touch startles you greatly, and before you know it, you lose grasp of the watering can. He easily catches it in his strong grip, but due to his quick reflex, he stumbles forward a bit, getting closer to you.

"Phew! All that water would've splashed all over the floor, and I could've slipped and fell to my ultimate death. Even though you're my friend, I'm 100% going to haunt you as a ghost because that kinda death is not stylish at all."

Whatever Itto just said is nonexistent to you. The sole thing in your mind and in your sight is his muscular chest that's wet from some of the water splashing out of the can. You can't turn your gaze away from his chest—the way the glistening water drops slowly make their way down his body is very attractive.

The Oni notices your quietness and flickers his curious eyes down to you. He smirks shortly after, and instead of moving away, he leans down to your now surprised face.

He laughs. "Ohh, I see what's going on here. You purposely dropped the can so that the water can splash on my bare chest. Heh, I never knew you had a weird thing for water and sexy abs."

"Sh-Shut up! That accusation is—"

"Is what?" he asks in a low voice as he gets closer to you. Flustered, you shut your mouth.

Itto just got even more attractive and sensuous with that simple question.

Sensing you won't answer nor react anymore, he playfully pokes at your forehead and sticks his tongue out, sending you a wink. "Your numero uno friend gotta run now, but I'll see you around, yeah?" he calls out from over his shoulder.

"S-Sure..." you manage to say. You're still trying to process everything, especially since the image of his dripping chest is still clouding your mind. Itto, on the other hand, seems very nonchalant about the situation.

"Later! Oh, and," he begins to say as he stops at the doorway, turning his head slightly to glance at your surprised self, "next time, just ask if you want some of this body. No need to hide your true feelings around someone sexy like me."

-♡-

This one-shot was initially supposed to have a sprinkle of spice, but I changed my mind at the last moment. Anyhow! Itto wanters will be Itto havers!!