Flashback VIII

5 years ago...
The Night Before Taehyung's 18th Birthday!

Currently, Jungkook and Taehyung are sitting in a meadow that looks so beautiful during the day time

Currently, Jungkook and Taehyung are sitting in a meadow that looks so beautiful during the day time. At night too but you can clearly see during the day. It's night time, Taehyung's eighteenth birthday being just a few minutes away. The omega is nervously playing with the flowers. In a few moments, he will be finding out if Jungkook is really his mate or not.

The omega loves Jungkook a lot and if the older does not turn out to be his destined mate, he would be disheartened.

A lot has happened during the past two years. Taehyung's parents were killed by some rogues because they wanted Taehyung and his parents had refused to give their son to them. Taehyung got very lonely after that. He was scared to live alone in a cruel pack so Jungkook took him in.

It took a lot of convincing on Jungkook's part to get the omega to move in with him. He had to tell him that he was not pitying him. He was just trying to help, just like any good friend would.

Since the time Taehyung and Jungkook started living together, they grew ten time more close to each other. They had movie nights, went out for runs together and did all those cliche couple stuff too but they were not a couple. Even though they told that they loved each other, they waited. Taehyung wanted to experience the feeling of being able to feel his mate like every other werewolf does and then only take a step forward. So they have not even kissed on the lips or made out.

The fact that everything would be clear to Taehyung very soon makes him nervous. Jungkook can feel it too but he is damn excited. What is going to happen now?

There is silence between the two but it's a comfortable one. Jungkook is weaving a flower crown without paying much attention. Both their hearts are racing in anticipation.

The both of them have some decent space between them but the younger suddenly wants no space at all. He starts feeling different, a good kind of different though.

Taehyung can smell something different in the air. He cannot smell Jungkook's usual scent that he has gotten used to over the time. The ravenette smells like earth and wood. Maybe like forest? Taehyung cannot exactly pinpoint it but the scent is really addicting for him.

It's at that moment that he knows that it's Jungkook. His mate is Jungkook. He wants to be close to the older and never let him go. His mind is clouded by the true blood and his scent is invading the omega's senses.

The younger scoots closer to the ravenette until their shoulders are touching. Jungkook turns his face in his direction and looks at the omega who is staring deep into his eyes. "Kookie!" He whispers.

"Yes, sweetheart?" Jungkook whispers back. He got a faint idea by the way Taehyung is acting and speaking that what the matter is.

"I'm so glad you're my mate. I... I love you." The younger whispers, immediately hugging his mate. It's like the Moon Goddess has answered all his prayers. All he has been praying to her was for this only.