Twelve

Everyone in the pack house seem extremely busy. There are a lot of other people too who Taehyung has never seen and ever since he woke up from his afternoon nap, he cannot make sense of the situation.

"Hey, Jongho!" He calls out when he sees the young beta running down the stairs.

"Yes, hyung. Do you want something?" He stops, just for a moment.

"Is everything okay?" Taehyung asks.

"We are attacking the Crimson Shadow pack tonight. It's nothing to worry about though." Jongho says and since he is already in a hurry, he tells Taehyung that he will see him the next day when everything would be okay and goes away.

For a good two minutes, Taehyung stands where he has been standing, processing the situation. He doesn't know how to react to this. It was so easy for Jongho to say not to worry but how can he not?

How can he not when he knows once the Crimson Shadow pack is caught, all his secrets would be out. People would find out that even after being the mate of the head alpha of the Crimson Shadow pack, he was treated worse than a pack slut.

"Tae!"

"Tae!"

Jungkook calls out his name twice but Taehyung seems too lost in his thoughts to focus. The ravenette places his hand on the other's shoulder and shakes him to bring him back to reality, "Is something bothering you, sweetheart? I've been calling out for you since I got here."

"Uhh... n-no. I'm fine." Taehyung stutters. Jungkook narrows his eyes at the younger's response. He can hear Taehyung's heartbeat which is pretty fast. This is a clear indication for him to know that Taehyung is lying to him.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" Jungkook asks. Taehyung nods and asks him what is it.

"Can we go somewhere else? Somewhere more private than the hallway?" Jungkook asks. Taehyung nods again, "Let's go to my room. Soobin is sleeping there and no one is there to watch over him if we go somewhere else." Taehyung doesn't want to leave Soobin alone in the room, not when there are so many strangers in the house. He doesn't trust anyone except few people.

Jungkook agrees and the both of them slip inside Taehyung's room. Jungkook's eyes fall on the sleeping baby as soon as he enters. He smiles at the cute fluffball. He hasn't been able to spend a lot of time with him lately. Once all this is over, he will spend time with the little pup.

"What did you want to talk about?" Taehyung asks.

"Let's go to the balcony first. I don't want to disturb Soobin here." Jungkook says. The two of them walk to the balcony and sit on the chair. There's silence because Jungkook doesn't know how to initiate the conversation. Taehyung is nervous for some reason.

"So uhh... as you know we are going to attack the Crimson Shadow pack tonight. I wanted to know if you know something else about them." Jungkook says. Taehyung looks at him in confusion, "I thought you knew everything about them."

"I know, Tae. It's just that... Look we have this mate bond thing and I can feel your emotions through it. You know that, right?" Jungkook asks, his hand slowly intertwines with the omega's. Taehyung's heart starts beating faster as he nods.

"Y-Yes."

"Then tell me the truth, Tae. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you have to be scared of my darling." Jungkook says ever so softly. His voice is so gentle that Taehyung suddenly feels bad for hiding. He has this growing urge of telling everything to Jungkook because he has started believing that the true blood would always protect him and his pup.