Chapter 28

I walked into the room of the station with Theo where my friends were with Quinn—another werewolf—and found them arguing.

"Do you want me to kill him?" Liam asked Malia, pointing at Theo.

"Liam!" I shouted.

"Sorry. Old habit." He apologized.

"Can we please just go?" Lydia asked.

"We're not going anywhere. Don't you get it? We're trapped. They have all the windows and doors covered. We are going to die in here!" Quinn shouted.

"Does someone want to kill her?" Theo asked.

I looked at him and gently smacked his arm, making him look at me and shrug.

"Shut up!" Malia shouted.

"This is not exactly what I had in mind for our first date." I muttered to Theo.

He smiled and put an arm around my shoulders, pressing a light kiss against my temple.

"Aww, look at the lovebirds." Malia said sarcastically. "I give it a week."

I mean, this isn't unlike her, but she crossed the line now.

My eyes flashed blue and I growled low at her, making her growl back.

"Woah, Malia. Take it back a notch." Scott told her calmly.

"Sorry. I can't—I need to get out of here for a bit." I said and walked out of the office, going down the halls and into the bathrooms, shutting the door.

I hunched over the sink, my hands gripping the rim of the white sink as I looked up in the mirror, closing my eyes and opening them again, finding them still burning blue.

The door opened and Theo came in, closing the door behind him and coming over to me, looking at me in the mirror as I looked at him.

"You okay?" He asked, placing a hand on my back.

"I'm fine. Probably just with my dad being out there." I said, closing my eyes momentarily and seeing them still be blue when I opened them.

Theo looked concerned, turning me to face him. "Hey, what's wrong with your eyes? Why won't they change back?"

"I don't know . . ." I said, looking away.

"Hey, hey"—he turned my face to him—"look at me. Is this because of what Malia said?"

I shrugged.

"Don't listen to her. Okay? She doesn't have what we have."

"And what's that?"

He chuckled lightly. "When did I become the hopeless romantic in this relationship?"

I smiled at him and leaned my forehead against his chin, closing my eyes and feeling his warm breath on my hair.

"You were always the hopeless romantic." I said in a light tone.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and drew me closer to his chest, running a hand through my hair as I rested my chin on his shoulder, inhaling the scent of pastries and coffee.

"You smell like pastries and coffee." I said softly.

He chuckled, the sound reverberated from his chest. "How about dinner? Next week?"

I looked up at him and smiled. "Date night?"

"Yeah,"

"Yeah. Dinner next week sounds good."