Chapter 8

I sat on the floor of Scott's room leaning against Stiles' side and looking at Corey as he sat on the bed talking with Lydia and Mason.

"I just don't get what you see in him, that's all." Stiles said when he caught me looking at Theo again on the opposite side of the room, smiling back at me.

I looked at Stiles. "He's trying to change. I'm not saying that he has my unwavering trust, but I'm willing to give him another chance."

"But does it have to be Theo? I mean, come on. Even Isaac was better than him."

"Low blow, Stiles." I replied, punching his arm.

"Ow," he stuck his tongue out at me and we fell back into a silence.

"Hey, Elizabeth. Mind if I talk with you for a second?" Mason asked, coming over to me.

"Sure. Be nice," I said to my brother before heading out of the room and shutting the door behind us.

"What's up, Mason?"

"I'm just worried for Liam."

I nodded. "So am I. But I'm positive Scott and Malia will find him and Hayden."

"You sure?"

"Sure I'm sure." I agreed, hoping that was true.

The door opened again and Theo looked out, seeing us. "Hey, Mason. Corey is asking for you."

"Okay," Mason said and gave me a smile before heading back into the room and closing the door, leaving Theo and I out in the hallway alone.

"So . . ." I leaned against the wall and put my hands in my pockets.

He walked in front of me and leaned against the railing, copying my position. "So . . . this entire thing has been confusing."

"What's confusing?"

"You and me. What are we?"

I thought about it. "My best guess? No idea."

"Well, could you find out soon? Because it's starting to bug me not knowing what we are."

"Oh, I'm sorry that you kidnapped me and are slightly psychotic."

"Ouch, Elizabeth." He said with a light smile forming.

I smiled and laughed lightly. "But honestly, I want us to be friends. Maybe something more, but I'm not sure if I am ready for that."

    "Hey, I get it. It takes time to be ready to date again."

    I sighed and leaned my head back against the wall. "Don't do that."

    "Don't do what?"

    I lifted my head and looked at him. "Don't say sentimental things like that that make me want to kiss you."

    His eyebrows lifted. "You want to kiss me?"

    "Yes. No. I don't know! You're confusing me." I said.

    "It's a simple answer, really."

    "I can't love you, Theo. You're the bad guy in this story, and I'm with the opposing team. And if you say another word, that is going to create conflict against me and my pack, and that won't end well if I'm with you—!" I was cut off when he took my face in his hands and kissed me.

    I was surprised at first, then my eyes slid shut and my arms went around his neck as he pulled me up against him, one of his hands going to the back of my head and tangling in my hair.

    "Maybe it depends on who's really telling the story." He said in a whisper, leaning our foreheads together.

    "Hey, Elizabeth—WHAT THE HECK?!" Stiles shouted when he opened the door to find us.

   "Stiles!" We both sprung apart, rubbing our necks awkwardly.

    "What. Happened?" He asked me.

    "Um . . ."

    "And with Theo of all people? Really, Lizzie?"

    "Yes, Stiles. With Theo." I answered, avoiding his gaze.

———

"Liam!" I ran to hug him when he and an equally tired Hayden came into Scott's house with Scott and Theo.

"Hey, Elizabeth. Mind if I just sleep? I'm really tired." He asked as he hugged me.

"Go ahead. I'll get a blanket." I said and walked out into the hallway where I knew Scott kept the extra blankets, then came back out to see Hayden and Liam sleeping on the couch next to each other.

I smiled and unfolded the blanket, laying the blanket over the both of them and pulling the blanket to their necks, leaning over and kissing Liam's forehead.

"Sleep well, baby wolf." I said quietly, earning a small smile from him.

I looked back at the others and saw them looking at me. "What? Can't a girl kiss their bestie guy friend?"

"They can. We just never heard you call Liam that." Stiles answered.

"Shut up." I said to him, going over and hugging Scott. "Thanks for getting Liam and Hayden back, Scott."

"And leave them there? I think not." Scott said.

"I helped too. Where's my hug?" Theo asked, a cute pout on his face.

"I got something better," I walked over to him and kissed his cheek. "Thanks,"

"I think you missed."

I smacked his arm and he laughed, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me to his chest, kissing my hair.

The rest of the pack went dead silent when that happened. Their thoughts in their heads was probably something along the lines of "what the heck happened" or "Theo? Really?".

"You're crazy," I said.

"Isn't that why you like me?"

"I guess so." I answered, turning my head and burying my face in his dark green shirt, letting his now-familiar scent wash over me and calm me.

    "Can I just stay here forever?" I asked in a soft voice only he could hear, closing my eyes and hearing his steady heartbeat.

    He pressed his lips against my hair and I felt him smile and nod, murmuring a soft "I'll keep you safe"

We love seeing soft Theo it's rare in the show because no one is there for him or trusts him. That breaks my heart🥺

🐺🐺🐺