Chapter 20

Dad closed his office door and walked around to the front of his desk, looking for at us. "Okay, you heard a voice coming through the radio, and now you're convinced that it's the voice of—"

    "Stiles. Your son." Scott answered.

    "Uh-huh. And maybe it was just a random signal cross?" Dad asked.

    "I don't think so, Dad. I heard it also." I told him.

    I sighed and dug through my pocket, setting down the spare keys on his desk. "Someone put these spare keys in my backpack. I know that I definitely didn't, so it must have been Stiles."

    Dad looked at me. "Elizabeth, you never had a brother."

    "We heard Stiles on that radio. We're sure of it!" Scott replied, looking at me then my father. "If you had heard it too, then maybe . . ."

    "I didn't."

    "Yeah, but if you had." He tried again.

    "Enough, Scott! Enough." Dad shouted in annoyance, picking up the keys and tossing them back to me.

    I got a phone call from Hayden and picked it up.

    "Hayden. Hi. What's up?" I asked.

    "Liam and I need you with us while we do something. It's important. Can you?" She asked.

    "Sure, I can. Where and when?"

    "Meet us at the school in half an hour." She told me, then hung up.

    I put my phone back in my pocket and turned to Scott. "Hayden and Liam need me for something. You, Malia, and Lydia got this covered?"

    "Yeah, we'll be fine. Go on." Scott nodded.

    I walked out of the station and went straight for my brother's Jeep, opening it and getting in before driving out of the parking lot and heading to the school.

    I shut off the car when I parked in a parking spot and ran into the school to meet up with Hayden and Liam.

    "Hey. So, Scott, Malia, and Lydia are going to Canaan." I told them.

    "I just got off the phone with him. He told me to go through with the plan as long as it didn't destroy his house." Liam said.

    "What plan?" Hayden asked her boyfriend.

    Liam looked at her as we started walking through the hallways. "Your plan,"

    "I don't have a plan."

    "Well, you said you had all the ideas about how to catch a Ghost Rider." Liam answered.

    "I had one plan. It was pretty bad." Hayden said. "And then I had another really bad idea."

    "Anything that could work?" I asked her.

    "Yeah, but it's terrible." She answered me.

    "Great. Let's do it." Liam said.

    "We need to find a way to break into the faculty storage room." She told us.

    "To save the whole school from Ghost Riders? No problem." Liam replied, smiling at us and leading us to where the door to the faculty storage room was.

    We waited for a while until the hallways was cleared and we went into the storage room, trying to find the things that we needed to capture a Ghost Rider.

    "Can't we just buy a lightning rod?" Liam asked.

    "Sure. If you have $25000." Hayden answered.