Chapter 9

I walked into the holding cell room with a container of three coffees, one for Lydia, one for Parrish, and one for me.

    "Hey, Parrish. Got you something. Black Americano." I took the cup out of the tray and handed it to him through the bars, then handed Lydia hers.

    I sat on the bench, taking a slow sip of my coffee. "You're a good guy, Parrish. Lydia's right. You're only trying to cover up the supernatural."

    "But I'm taking the bodies and hurting colleagues." He replied.

    "Parrish, don't be too hard on yourself. You didn't know." Lydia said to him.

    The door opened and Stiles looked at the others, then me.

    "Elizabeth. I need to talk to you in Dad's office. Now, please."

    "Okay, Stiles. I'll be back soon, guys." I said to the two and walked out of the room, heading into our dad's office and closing the door.

    "What's the matter, Stiles? You're using your serious voice." I sat down behind the desk, spinning around in my dad's chair.

    "You know Donovan?"

    "Ah, yeah. Knife guy. Yeah, I remember him. Why?" I asked, spinning around.

    "I . . . um . . . I killed him."

    I stopped spinning and looked at my brother, standing up and moving to stand in front of him. "What?"

    "Yeah, um . . . you probably smelled the—the blood on my shoulder." He gestured to his shoulder and I nodded. "He was a Windigo. He tried to . . . tried to kill me. I climbed the rafters and a support beam got loose . . . and went through him."

    "Hey"—I put my hand on his shoulder, making him look at me—"what you did was self-defense. You didn't kill him. If anything, I should be locked up." I said, flashing my steel-blue eyes.

    A small laugh came from him. "How did you somehow become the mentally stable one?"

    "Beats me," I shrugged, then smiled and pulled him in for a hug.

    An alarm suddenly sounded and Stiles and I ran outside to see Parrish out of his cell, a glazed look in his eye.

    "What the?" An officer drew his gun along with the others in the station and took aim.

    "Wait wait! Don't shoot! Let him through." Stiles ran in front of the offices and they lowered their guns in confusion as Parrish exited the sheriff's station.

———

I watched from where my brother and I were crouched to see Parrish open the ice trunk and see a dead Corey in there, close the trunk and get into the driver's seat, pulling out of the parking lot and driving away.

    Stiles got out his phone and immediately called Scott. "Come on. Come on. Pick up, Scott."

    A car approached and I looked to see Theo's truck, getting confused why he was here.

    "Stay here for a second." I said to my brother and jogged over to where the car was parked, smiling when Theo came out and hugging him.

    "What are you doing here?" I asked once the hug ended.

    "Needed to talk to you two." He answered, letting me go stand next to my brother as Theo came around his truck.

    "We gotta go now. Parrish has the bodies. We need to tell Scott." Stiles said, grabbing my hand and heading over to the truck.

    "Stiles, I don't think Scott want to talk to you right now." Theo said, staying back.

    "Yes, I'm aware of that. But we need to tell him—"

    "Stiles! Scott doesn't want to talk to you." He said, then looked at me. "Either of you."

    "Oh no. Is this another one of your villain monologues? Because I cannot stand those." I asked him.

    Theo looked at me with a smirk, then looked back at my brother and held up his key card to the library.

    "But I think your dad does. Your dad was looking for you, Stiles. But found me instead."

    "Yup. Another villain monologue. Called it." I said, crossing my arms.

    "Will you shut up, Elizabeth!" Theo snapped at me.

    What? He—he's never yelled at me before. Not once.

    "Where is he?" Stiles asked, angling himself so he stood more in front of me.

    "I covered for you, Stiles. This was taken care of. If Melissa hadn't found it at the hospital . . . I guess even the son of a cop can make mistakes." Theo said, walking around us.

    "Did you hurt him?" I asked Theo, making him snap his attention to me.

    "I never lied about why I came to Beacon Hills. I'm here for a pack." He said, looking back at Stiles. "I came for the werecoyote who's first instinct is to kill. I came for the Banshee with death surrounding her. I came for the Dark Kitsune. I came for the Beta with anger issues. I came for Void Stiles! That's the pack I want! Unfortunately it doesn't include Scott." Theo chuckled darkly and stepped back, then continued his villain monologue.

     "Your heartbeat's rising, Stiles. But not because of fear. The Nogitsune's gone. You still got the most amount of blood on your hands here."

    He glanced at me, "Well, close second."

    Stiles's eyes filled with rage when he saw he was talking about me. "I'm about to get more."

    Theo looked at the key card, then tossed it on the truck. "I'll tell you where your dad is. If you two promise not to help Scott."

    Stiles snapped and socked Theo in the jaw, making him laugh.

    "There's Void Stiles! It felt good, didn't it?!"

    He slammed his fist into his jaw again and made him fall to the ground. "We won't tell Scott. Even though we both know you never needed him!"

    "Okay, he's starting to get on my nerves." I cracked my knuckles and walked towards him, taking him my the jacket and lifting him up to look at me.

    "Where is our dad, Theo?!" I snarled, my eyes flashing blue.

    He looked past me to Stiles. "You can't save both Scott and your dads life. What will it be? You still got time."

———

Stiles and I ran down the tunnels as fast as we could, relying on my heightened smell and the reek of blood floating through the air.

    "He's over here!" I waved Stiles through the cracked wall and ran in after him, kneeling down in front of him and taking his hands, the one Stiles was holding was now slick with blood, as was our father's neck.

    "Dad? Dad, are you okay?" I asked, my voice cracking.

    He groaned weakly and looked at me. "You have . . . terrible taste in men, Lizzie."

    A weak laugh escaped my lips. "Seems like I do."

    "Okay, Dad. I called 9-1-1. They will be here soon. Just hang on." Stiles said, pocketing his phone.

Theooooooo!!!! Nooooooo!!!! I really didn't want him to be bad and just wanted him to be happy, but I need to stick with what happens in the show.

He's a bad guy with a conflicted nature. He has a big turnaround though.

Vote and comment.

🐺🐺🐺