Chapter 5

"Why are you still looking at me, Stiles? You should be reading." I said when he looked at me again.

"Sorry. I'm just wondering what will happen once we read these."

"Well, were supposed to remember what the Dread Doctors did to us. So, read the book." I said.

Scott looked over at Kira. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just tired." She yawned and marked the page she was on before closing her eyes. "I'm just going to rest my eyes for a minute."

"Okay. Maybe we should all rest our eyes." Scott suggested.

"Maybe," I replied, yawning.

"No maybe. We're all very tired. We should sleep." Theo replied as he sat back down next to me.

"I've pulled an all-nighter before. I'll be fine." I said.

"No, you won't. Even though you're a werewolf, you need to know limits to what you can do. Please, get some sleep. You need it." Theo said, taking down a blanket and throwing it over our bodies.

"I hate that you're right." I yawned and looked around at everyone as they started to fall asleep.

"Most people do."

    "I still don't like him." My brother said to Scott, but I heard.

I frowned a little and leaned into Theo's side, closing my eyes and falling asleep. I woke up a few hours later to my brother shaking my shoulder.

"What?" I asked.

"Mason called. He said a guy named Corey found a Chimera. His name is Lucas and he is at the Sinema right now. Let's go."

"Ugh. I hate you right now." I grumbled as all of us got into two cars and drove down to the Sinema. We entered the club and was blasted with loud music and young kids dancing.

"I don't think any of these kids are old enough to be drinking!" Malia shouted over the music.

"Me neither! Let's just find Lucas!" Stiles shouted back.

My phone buzzed loudly and I checked my texts. "Mason said Lucas is in the back!"

"Okay! Stick together!" Scott said, grabbing my hand as we all walked towards the back room, pushing past some silver beaded tapestry to see a man with scorpion stingers protruding out of his back and arms.

"Wow. That is one angry dude." I said to Stiles as I dodged a swipe from Lucas.

"Yeah. Real angry." He agreed.

"Scott!" I shouted as Lucas ran at him, his stingers in front of him; I ran in front of him without thinking and gasped as the stingers sliced through my skin and buried itself in my stomach.

"Elizabeth!" Scott shouted, roaring angrily and ripping Lucas away from me, fighting him alongside Kira and Malia.

Theo and Stiles ran up to me and caught me in their arms before I fell back.

"Why did you do that?" Theo asked.

"He's my brother's best friend." I replied, looking at Stiles and holding his hand. "You'd do the same. Wouldn't you?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I would. Come on. We need to get you to the hospital."

I looked down at my stomach and saw that the wound was already healing. It was slow, but it was healing nonetheless.

    "I'm good." I answered.

———

My phone buzzed loudly on my nightstand and I sighed in frustration before grabbing it and answering it.