Chapter 3

"I don't trust him." Stiles said when I came I to his room to see him scribbling key words about the supernatural on his awesome new clear white-board.

    "Who?" I asked as I sat on his bed, looking at my blue nail-polished fingernails.

    "Theo. Something about him doesn't sit right with me." He replied, turning around and looking at me. "I take it you think the opposite?"

    "Nope, I actually agree with you. I may not have known him in fourth grade like you and Scott, but I will go along with whatever devious plan you have." I answered.

    "Cool. So, I was thinking that we would get Liam and go out to wherever he lives—"

    "He lives at the Raeken Boarding House with his father Johnathan Raeken and mother. Drives a Silver Toyota Highlander. Height is 5'8'' with brown hair and hazel eyes. Favorite color is black. And he gets a bonus for being hot." I listed off.

    Stiles looked at me with confusion and concern for my sanity.

    I looked at Stiles and made an 'o' shape with my mouth. "Oh. You just wanted to know where he lived?"

    "Uh, yeah. Did you Google him?"

    "No. I got all that during third and fourth period. We're planning a June wedding." I answered, standing up and heading out of his room.

———

I stood by the steps of the entrance to school, seeing Malia and Stiles talk about Theo.

    "I don't trust him. What do you think of Theo?" Stiles asked his girlfriend.

    "Theo? I mean, he's hot. Perfect hair and great body. Uh, you should definitely feel threatened." Malia said.

    I smiled. "See? I'm not the only one."

    "Shut up," Stiles said to me. "I do feel threatened. Keep an eye out on him, okay? You, Malia. Because Lizzie will probably date him."

    "Can't blame her." Malia said.

    "You, shush. Just keep an eye on him.  Verify the facts. Find the piece that doesn't fit. And . . . and catch him in the act." Stiles said, glancing over and seeing Theo getting out of his car and waving at me.

    I waved back and Stiles shot me a disapproving look. "What? I'm just being friendly."

    "No. No no. What you are being is a hormonal teenager." Stiles replied.

    "Whatever, Stiles. I'm going to go talk to him. You can continue your . . . brooding, or whatever you were doing." I pushed past him and headed down the steps to Theo as he ascended the steps, meeting me halfway.

    "Hey, Theo." I said,

    "Hey, Elizabeth. Stiles being a bother?"

    "When is he never?" I asked, making him smile and nod. "Need help finding your classes?"

    "I think I'm good. But, I'm pretty sure we have the first half of the day together."

    I smiled, "Stiles would explode if he found that out."

    "Then don't tell him."

    "I wasn't planning on it." I answered, opening the doors and walking through with him to AP Biology.

    I sat down next to him in the way back row, surprised to see the back of Scott's head next to Kira.

    "Scott?" I whispered, knowing he was listening. "Not to be rude or anything, but why are you in this class?"