Chapter 21

Theo growled at Liam once he saw him and ran forward, grabbing Liam's jacket and slamming his against the wall.

    "Theo! We're not here to hurt you. We're the ones who brought you back." Hayden said.

    Theo glanced at her, but other than that, completely ignored her and looked back at Liam.

    "Where's my sister?" He asked.

    "Your sister's dead." Liam answered. "She died a long time ago."

     "You killed her, remember?" Hayden asked, but yet again, was ignored.

"I'll kill you. I'll kill all of you!" Theo growled.

"Okay, that's it. Send him back!" Hayden shouted.

Liam held up the sword and Theo looked at it, releasing him and taking a slight step back.

"You know what this is? We need your power to help us. Then you can kill whoever you want. But if you do kill us, you're going to end up worse off than ever."

"There's nothing worse than what I've been through." Theo said in a quiet voice that made me want to just hug him.

"You ever hear about the Ghost Riders?" Liam asked.

"Li, let's just get his over with." I told the young Beta, not meeting Theo's eye when he looked at me for the first time.

"Okay." Liam nodded and all four of us walked down the tunnels where Mr. Douglas had set up a wire, holding a voltage box and turning to us.

Theo looked at the wire. "What makes you think this is going to work?"

"You took Josh's power. You can do it." Liam answered.

Theo hesitantly wrapped his hand around the coil and looked at us before Mr. Douglas turned up the voltage and he went flying back.

"What the heck?" I asked him from where he laid on the tunnel floor.

"That was only a billion joules." Mr. Douglas informed us.

"Only?" Theo struggled to get up.

"How many joules are in a boot of lightning?" Liam asked.

"Five billion." I answered.

Theo got up and sighed, looking at us. "I'm fine, by the way. Thanks for your concern."

"You don't have Josh's power anymore, do you?" Liam asked.

"Looks like I'm back to classic Theo." He said.

"Maybe you should try some remorse. Since you killed them for their powers." Liam said.

"I just put them back the way I found them." Theo answered.

"Okay. Send him back." Hayden told Liam.

"Wait. Who's making the decisions around here? Where's Scott? Where's Stiles?"

"You remember Stiles?" Hayden asked.

"Why wouldn't I remember Stiles?" Theo asked.

"I hate to admit this, but maybe he's useful after all." I spoke up.

———

"You know all about the Ghost Riders? How do we get Stiles and the others back?" Hayden asked.

"You can't. The Wild Hunt comes. The Wild Hunt goes. That's how it works." Theo replied.

"But they're still here, and they're still taking people." I told him.