Chapter 31

I woke up a few hours later in my bedroom with everyone gathered around me, my dad and Melissa there also.

"I'm not dead, guys." I mumbled.

"Hey there. Glad you're awake." Theo said.

I looked up and saw I was resting my head on his shoulder. "Hey."

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"As opposed to not dead? Alive." I replied.

Malia laughed. "She's back to normal. I'm glad you're awake. Theo was loosing his mind."

"I'm not surprised by that. But I am surprised my dad let you do this and not shoot you." I said, letting Theo slide his fingers through mine.

"I'm still debating it." Dad replied.

I smiled a little and looked at my brother. "Finally cheated death."

He smiled. "Yeah. Yeah, you did."

"How?" I asked.

"Turns out it was something really cheesy. It wasn't something as cheesy as true love's kiss, but it was cheesy." Stiles answered. "The one who loves you most had to give sow of their energy to heal you. And because I'm still human, Theo was the lucky candidate. You will feel groggy for the next few days, though."

"Lizzie, when I saw you lying there in Theo's arms . . . that reminded me of . . ." Scott said, choking up.

"Allison," I finished for him.

He nodded. "I couldn't lose you, too."

"You didn't. I'm here. And I'm tired." I yawned.

"Okay, let's give Elizabeth some time to sleep." Dad said.

Theo started to move me, but I held onto his hand. "Stay,"

"Elizabeth—" Dad began.

"Noah. Drop it. Let's go." Melissa interrupted him and they left the room with the others, closing the door.

Theo smiled and kissed my forehead, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close. "Don't ever do anything dangerous without me again, okay?"

I smiled a little. "Mmh, okay. Theo?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you stay with us when this is over?"

"I have someone to stay here for. I promised I wouldn't leave you again, and I'm keeping that promise."

I smiled. "Goodnight, Theo."

"Goodnight, Elizabeth. Sleep well."

"Love you," I said sleepily.

"Love you too, Elizabeth." He said.

———

"Monroe needs to be found. She's dangerous." Scott's dad said as all of us gathered in Scott's living room.

My father was working again today, but Stiles was staying over for a few more weeks and then heading back to collage.

"Then how do you suggest we do that, Dad?" Scott asked.

"Elizabeth—" Scott's dad started, but Theo cut him off angrily.

I placed my hand on his knee to calm him, my head resting in his lap as I laid on the couch.

"Absolutely not! She's not going anywhere near Monroe or her followers." He said in a dangerous tone.

Scott shot up. "No! You don't get to tell us how we run our lives, okay?! She's my best friend's sister! Dad, come on!"