Chapter 15

We all turned around and I jumped when I saw a Dread Doctor standing there.

    "Aah! Creepy dentist!" I yelped, shifting on instinct as the rest did.

    Theo looked frightened for once in his life, but shifted his body more in front of me, shifting into a Chimera.

    "They wanted us here." Theo said.

    "Liam, get that thing out of Mason's neck." Scott told his Beta.

    "Theo. Theo Raeken. Failure." A dread Doctor said.

    "No. No, I'm not a failure." Theo said, his voice shaky.

    "Not a complete failure." It continued, "We learned from you."

    "Don't let them get to you. This is what they want. Don't give it to them." Scott said to Theo.

    "The mark of a true failure repeating the same mistake again and again." The same one said.

    "We're taking Mason." Theo turned to us momentarily, his eyes glowing as he turned back. "Then I'm taking what's mine."

    Theo advanced forward closer to the masked men. "Let him go."

    The Dread Doctor standing in front of him spoke. "You have the entitlement and narcissism typical of your generation. In that, you are a profound success. But your failure taught us one thing: the banality of evil. That you were and would always be an ordinary evil."

    "You think I'm ordinary?" Theo asked, snarling.

    "We believed that to resurrect the perfect killer. We had to start with the perfect evil. From you we learned true evil only comes by corrupting something truest good."

    Theo roared and launched himself at the Dread Doctor, slamming his fist into the metal mask. I let out a roar and ran at the one Theo was taking on, tackling him to the hard ground, slicing my claws at it's chest.

    "Liam!" Mason screamed as he took the thing out of the back of his neck, all of us turning around to see him transform in a mist of dark smoke.

    "Mason!" Liam shouted.

    "That's not my name." Mason answered, his eyes glowing a bright blue as he transformed into the Beast.

    "Transformation. Transformation without frequency." The Dread Doctors all said in unison, the one on the ground reared his hand back and slammed his fist into my chest, sending me flying off him and crashing into Theo.

    I groaned and rolled off of him, lying on the ground. "Remind me never to do that again."

    "I'll do my best." Theo answered with a groan, clutching at his side and getting up slowly before helping me up.

    The Beast launched itself at the Dread Doctors and threw them out of its way as it damaged out of the shed and into the night.

    We followed it to outside, seeing Parrish already there with flames all around him as he took on the massive creature; Argent firing his shotgun multiple times and hitting the Beast in the back, making it roar in pain and shift back to another form.

    "La Bête du Gevaudan! I know your name." Gerard shouted to the figure in the bridge. "Do you remember mine?"

    The figure turned around and spoke in a French accent. "Argent?" he said before running away, Parrish not far behind him.

    "What was that?" Scott asked.

    "You've seen the Beast of Gevaudan. Now meet the man." Gerard said,