Chapter 23

SEVEN'S POV

Fourteen white lorry's are parked up side by side in the large warehouse. My nose keeps itching from the dust in here and from the small bump of coke I had earlier.

"This the last lot?" I ask Grimmy.

"Yeah last convoy to go out." Grim confirms and I nod.

"You've inspected them all?" I double check.

"Yeah it's all there. One point five mill worth in each truck." Grim details and I nod again, itching my nose with the back of my hand.

"Good, send them off then. I wanna fucking leave this place already." I order.

It's been a tedious two weeks working the new drug lines out here. It's been the same shit every day. Intercepting the shipments at the docs, getting them to the warehouse, sampling and testing the stock. Splitting it up into even dispatches for the lorry's to take them out across country to their buyers. It's been incredibly stressful, I've never felt so on edge about a job before but this is some pretty high stakes. Shipping out twenty one million dollars worth of cocaine every day for two weeks definitely gets the heart racing.

I suppose taking small bumps of the cocaine itself has also been effecting the drastic rhythm of my heart too. I've hated this job so much, mostly because it's kept me far away from the city where Lilianna is. Mental memories of her in that red dress she wore the last time I saw her have been getting me through these last two weeks.

Grim gives the signal and all the lorry's roar to life almost simultaneously as they slowly ease out the warehouse one by one. When the last lorry leaves the dusty old warehouse I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank fuck that's done." I murmur and Curby smirks to me.

"Yknow what that means now don't you?" He asks me, slapping my chest as we turn to walk towards the car.

"What?" I ask him, unlocking my Range and getting in. Curby hops in the front passenger seat.

"It's knock off time." Curby hoots and rubs his hands together.

"You've already been celebrating like it's knock off after every shipment leaves the warehouse." I roll my eyes at him and start the car.

"Yeah well now it's actual knock off. Which doesn't mean a couple beers in the warehouse. It means clubs, drugs and women!" Curby grins and I shake my head.

"What the fuck is up with you?" Curby asks when he notices my lack of enthusiasm.

"Nothing." I shake my head again and speed out the warehouse.

"It's not like you to not be excited about the rewards of finishing a job." Curby points out. He's right, I did use to get just as excited about the opportunity to properly party and let loose for a night or two after a job was completed. Not now though, I just want to get back to see her.

"Don't fucking tell me." Curby eyes me in disbelief and I glance over at him.

"What?" I question, frowning at him confused.

"Fucking hell Sev, she's done a number on you huh?" Curby chuckles and my first reaction is to deny what he's alluding to.

"No, what the fuck? Of course not." I shake my head defensively.

"I didn't even have to say her name." Curby chuckles and I grip the steering wheel harder.

"I already knew who you meant anyway. You're always giving me shit about her." I grumble and Curby chuckles again.