Chapter Forty-Three: Little Gestures

~ Becca's POV ~

I woke up the next morning asleep against Theo in the back of the truck. How we slept all night with me laying on top of him I don't know. Surprised he didn't drop me on the floor.

I laid there confused at first, last thing I remembered was curling up on his lap on the porch.

How was I supposed to get up without waking him?

"Think any louder and you'll wake up Liam." Theo teased.

"What? How'd you know?"

"You're all wiggly silly girl."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay, I know you want to go find Derek. I'm going to sleep a little longer though."

I gave him a kiss then gently got off of him and got out of the truck.

It was cold today, very windy.

I heard the window roll down and turned as Liam threw his hoodie at me hitting me in the face.

"Thanks Liam." I laughed.

All I saw was him giving me a thumbs up as the window rolled back up.

I shook my head and put on the hoodie.

"Overprotective smartass guard dogs." I said sarcastically.

"And you love us." They said at the same time.

I could hear their quiet laughs as they went back to sleep.

I zipped up the hoodie as I made my way up to the main house. When I got up there Derek was already packing his stuff into his car.

"Hey little one, you're up early."

"Like I'd let you escape without saying goodbye!"

I wrapped my arms around his waist and he hugged me.

"I'm going to visit, I promise."

"I'm going to hold you to that!" I stated.

"Oh! I have something for you and Theo."

He leaned into the back seat and pulled out two boxes.

"You can get rid of the burner phone now. I got you each your own phones. I know you don't mind sharing but this way if you ever need to talk privately you have the option. All the numbers are already programmed in there and I gave the numbers to everyone else so you don't have to. Never be afraid to reach out to me for anything. No matter where you are, if you need me, I'll be there."

"You didn't have to do this." I said with tears in my eyes.

"I know you aren't use to worrying about such things so don't worry about paying for them. I know you can afford it but this is on me. Let me help take care of you little one."

"I know it's silly to get teary eyed over a phone but this means a lot, the gesture behind it means a lot."

"You'll always have me in your corner, I promise."

"Family takes care of family, right?" I questioned with a smile.

"Exactly." He agreed.

"It still amazes me that the one and only Derek Hale, the man I respected but feared, became someone I care about so deeply."

"You feared me?" He teased.

"I mean duh, you're a big bad scary Hale." I laughed as I pushed him.