Chapter Twenty-Nine: Guard Dogs

~ Theo's POV ~

Over the next few days everyone kept to their assignments except Peter and Bec.

When Liam attacked her, he cut her so deep, it was taking forever to heal fully. Everyone agreed we wouldn't leave her alone with Peter anymore. Today she was able to walk around, so she walked around helping Stiles.

"THEO! LIAM!" We heard Stiles yell from over by the bridge.

Everyone's head turned that direction and we watched as Stiles was trying to catch her as she collapsed.

No one hesitated, we all ran over there.

"What happened?" Derek demanded.

Stiles moved his hand away from her stomach. He was shaking as his hand was covered in blood. He looked horrified.

"I... I don't know what happened. We were talking, then she gasped, and grabbed her stomach. I almost couldn't catch her."

"They ripped open again." Scott said quietly.

Bec looked straight to Derek, the man she had been afraid of, looked him directly in the eyes.

"Please make it stop." She cried.

Derek nodded as if he knew what she meant.

We all looked at him confused as he ran off to the warehouse.

I took over for Stiles and held her. Liam directly on the other side of her. He had barely left her side since this happened. Only leaving when we had to run perimeter. But even then, he watched out for her as much as I did.

Derek was back within a few minutes.

He ignored all of us and spoke only to her.

"Are you sure? It will scar this way."

"Please." She begged.

He held up a blow torch and metal pipe.

My eyes went wide as I realized what was happening.

"What? No! You'll heal in time; this will only cause more pain." I pleaded with her.

"Theo, I want you to be as quiet as possible and listen to her heart." Derek ordered.

Everyone went silent as I listened. It was so weak; you could barely hear it.

"If we can't stop the bleeding and keep it from reopening then she will die. It isn't healing fast enough."

I could see Liam trying to hide that he was crying.

Bec's hand found mine and I looked at her pained face.

"Please."

I couldn't speak, I just nodded.

I moved to sit behind her and let her lean against me, holding onto her tightly.

Liam held her hand and did his best to be brave for her. Scott knowing how painful this was going to be cautiously sat on the other side of her and took her other hand. She looked at him scared and he reassured her with a soft smile.

"Are you ready?" Derek asked calmly.

She looked over to Liam and he moved closer to her. She closed her eyes tight and he blocked Derek from her view.

Derek lit up the blow torch and began to heat up the pipe. She began shaking. Liam leaned down resting his forehead against the side of her head.

"We're right here, it will be over soon." He whispered.

She had been teasing us lately calling us her guard dogs because we stayed with her and were in protective mode so much.

Derek knelt down beside her and I felt her body tense. I kissed the top of her head reminding her I'm right here.

He placed the pipe against the first section and the smell of burning flesh filled the air.

She screamed a blood curdling scream and it took all of my strength to not shift out of instinct.

He did this to each section of torn flesh, burning them shut, by the time he made it to the last one she had passed out.

"That's all of them." Derek stated.

Scott moved aside to give her space and Liam scooted over but never let go over her hand.

"Bec? Baby, it's over."

Her eyes opened slightly and she turned her head until her eyes met Derek's.

He reached out and gently moved the hair out of her face.

"It's all over now, I promise." He said with a smile.

She smiled in return.

I could no longer sense fear from her when she looked at him. It was starting to feel similar to the way she felt when Liam was around. Not quite the same but getting there.

He did what she knew none of us could do.

He saved her, he cared for her too.

"She needs to rest for a while, take her somewhere to lay down." He ordered.

Liam held her as I stood up, so I could pick her up easier.

As usual Liam was glued to my side, she felt safest in my truck so we took her there.

I laid her in the back seat, Liam and I both sat in the front seats not wanting to leave her side. She fell asleep still holding on to my hand.

~ Derek's POV ~

I watched as they carried her off to the truck. I don't know when it happened but I cared for this girl. She was family now. I hated that I had to hurt her so badly in order to save her.

I looked over to Peter as anger filled me. I walked over to him and grabbed his arm tight pulling him towards the woods.

He didn't fight me on it he followed not saying a word.

Wise choice.

When we were far enough away that no one could hear us, I snapped.

"You're not to be alone with her again." I growled.

"How sweet, do you care for the girl now?"

"If she ever gets hurt because of you again, I will kill you myself. Got it?"

Peter rolled his eyes at me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

When I opened my eyes, I let out such a loud growl as I shifted that all the birds flew out of the trees around us.

They definitely heard that one.

I shoved Peter hard against the tree, he shifted trying to fight me off but he couldn't.

My claws digging into his chest.

"I swear it Peter, you protect her, not harm her, or I will give you the fight of your life."

He nodded as his eyes went wide.

"Okay, Okay. I've got it."

I let him go and he fell to the ground. I shifted back and headed back to the others.

~ Theo's POV ~

Liam and I both jumped as we heard Derek growl.

The whole truck shook.

"Thank you, Derek." Bec whispered in her sleep.

Liam and I shared a confused look.

We looked out towards the woods as Derek made his way back over to Scott. A few minutes later Peter walked back, blood on his shirt, holding his chest.

"Looks like we aren't her only guard dogs anymore." Liam laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh with him.