Chapter Thirty-Eight: Stay

~ Theo's POV ~

My eyes slowly opened and it took me a minute to realize where I was. It's been so long since we got to be in our own bed. Once I realized where we were I remembered why we were here and what I felt and heard before I fell asleep.

Her heart beat was still so slow. I sat up fast looking at her, she was still not awake.

Was that really a dream?

It felt so real, please let it be real.

The phone went off on the bedside table, I grabbed it, and read the text messages.

Liam: "Hey man, how are you holding up? Is she awake? Please tell me she's awake."

I took a deep breath and began to reply.

"She's not awake, I thought... She's not awake."

Liam: "You thought what?"

"It's nothing."

Liam: "Are you sure? Do you need me to come there?"

"I'm sure, I will keep you posted. I need to be alone with her right now."

Liam: "I understand, just say the word and I'm there. Love you guys."

"Thank you, Liam."

I closed out of the texts with Liam and opened the other text message.

Stiles: "I know you and I aren't exactly close, but I know what it's like fearing that the person who holds your world together is going to fade away. Please remember you aren't alone; we all care about you both and we're here for you if you need us. She'll find her way back to you. Just don't let go."

"I'm holding on as tightly as I can."

Stiles: "Then breathe and give her time to find her way back."

"I'm trying."

Stiles: "That's the best we can do in situations like these."

"Thank you."

I set the phone back down on the table and moved up more so I could kiss her forehead. Then I laid my head back down on her chest to listen to her heart.

"I'm here baby, I'm not going anywhere." I whispered softly.

Then I felt it again, her hand found my hair and I froze in place. Scared that if I move it will have all been in my head.

She inhaled hard, a terrifying sound. Then it felt like my heart stopped when I heard her heart stutter. Her breathing was getting heavier and raspier. Her heart was fighting to keep beating. My entire body shaking I looked up to her face, her eyes open in horror. She couldn't breathe. Her stitches ripped open, blood flowing down her neck and onto the bed.

I grabbed the phone hitting a speed dial number and putting it on speaker. Then I put pressure against her neck and did my best to do CPR.

"Hello?"

I couldn't speak, trying to help her breathe.

"Theo? Theo, what's happened?" Stiles's voice full of panic.

"Stitches open. Can't breathe. Help." I stammered.

I could hear him telling someone else in the background what was happening.

"Theo, this is Derek, listen to me very carefully. You need to cauterize the wound. Like we did to her stomach. It's the only option right now, we are too far away to get there in time. HURRY!"

I said nothing and ran into the bathroom finding a curling iron and plugging it in. Then running back to breathe life into her.

"As soon as you do that sit her up and lean her forward, she is choking on blood."

I ran back into the bathroom to grab the curling iron.

"I'm so sorry baby."

I held it to her neck and she tried to scream. Her eyes rolled back and she passed out.

"She fainted."

"Sit her up now, sit her forward."

Carefully sitting her up in a sitting position.

"She is sitting now what?"

"I'm sorry but you need to make her throw up."

I sighed a sad sigh and stuck my fingers down her throat making her gag. I did it again and her body finally reacted and she threw up so much blood. She inhaled hard and her breath finally evened out. Her eyes opened slowly and she looked at me as she started to cry.

"She's okay, she's okay."

I could hear Stiles and Derek sigh in relief.

"Good, we'll hang up now but please call back if you need us."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, take care of her now."

I took off my shirt and used it to wipe the blood from her mouth.

Her fingers ran over the wound in her neck.

"I'm sorry it hurts baby; it was the only way."

She nodded at me and looked down at all the blood covering the bed.

Her eyes closed and she turned away.

I moved the blanket away and picked her up.

"Let's clean you up."

She laid her head against my chest, still not speaking.

I sat her on the toilet as I began running the shower for her. I removed her clothes and I helped her into the shower and she grabbed ahold of my arm hard looking at me with pained eyes.

She didn't want me to leave her side.

I took off my clothes and got into the shower with her. Helping her stand, she just leaned against me with my arms around her. Her head against my chest. She would wince as the water touched her neck. I closed my eyes and took away her pain. I only slightly moved away from her when I helped her wash her body and hair.

She closed her eyes and let me take care of her.

I turned off the water and helped her out. I wrapped a towel around her and she pointed at her mouth.

Of course, I didn't even think of the blood taste in her mouth. I helped her brush her teeth and she did her best to use mouth wash. Trying so hard to get rid of the taste of blood.

She waited for me as I went to put clothes on and brought her clean clothes to wear. I gave her one of my shirts with her shorts. She always felt more comfortable in my shirts. She said it made her feel safe.

She curled up in a chair and watched as I changed the bedding. Making everything better for her. Then I laid her back on the bed.

"Th..eo." she forced out.

"Shh baby, don't force yourself. I don't want you to hurt anymore."

She shook her head at me and tried to talk again.

"Wa...sn't... a... dre...am"

I looked at her in realization. Last night, she took care of me.

That was real.

"Thank you for coming back to me."

"St...ay" she stammered.

"Forever." I promised.