Chapter Thirty-Four: Inner Demons

~ Becca's POV ~

Our fight instincts kicked in and we went to our posts. Derek and Scott tried to account for everything possible. No one liked that we had to separate to cut off more people, but it needed to be done. Liam and Theo ran with me towards the woods behind the main house. We made it to the house, and we were supposed to split off from each other.

"It will be okay guys."

They both sighed and split off from me.

Liam ran off to the right, towards the warehouse, Theo ran off to the left in the direction of the river. I was to go straight into the woods.

I kept myself aware of my surroundings and made it to the tallest tree I could find and climbed as high as I could.

I could see the whole town from up here, I scanned the area and could see people coming in from both sides of town. From the bridge and the main road.

I tilted my head back and let out the loudest howl I could muster.

My howl was answered by Theo and Derek's howls. They were letting me know they understood.

I couldn't see them, any of them. It was like they were ghosts. They all just vanished from site as Davis and his people poured their way into town.

I was surprised it wasn't more people, he had maybe a hundred people. Maybe.

Monroe, while I despised her, had way more pull than Davis.

"FIND THEM!" Davis's deep gravelly voice echoed.

His followers all spread out, searching everywhere, breaking down house doors, some set houses on fire, I could hear them laughing, and calling out for Scott.

"McCall! Come here you filthy mutt."

"COME FIND ME!" Scott yelled.

It confused me; his voice sounded like it came from everywhere. Even I jumped when he yelled.

I could see Liam making his way back my direction.

Him and Theo probably had plans of their own.

I could see he had something in his arms and realized he wasn't coming over here because of Theo, Derek sent him.

I looked around before dropping to the ground landing in front of him.

"Derek said you need to put this on, now."

~ Theo's POV ~

As we parted ways, I couldn't help but look back every now and then until I couldn't see her anymore.

I made it to the edge of the forest closest to the river. Hiding from view, I had a clear view of the bridge.

Echoing around the town was Becca's howl. This was not a painful howl, there was no fear, this was her warning. They were here.

I looked her direction and let out a howl in return. Derek's howl echoed with mine.

This was it; it was time.

"FIND THEM."

I watched as they spread out across the town like a wave spreading out on the sand.

I watched as they broke down doors, shot inside houses, lit fires, and watched houses begin to burn.

"McCall! Come here you filthy mutt." Someone screamed.

"COME FIND ME!" Scott's yell filling the air from all directions.